- 12 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- News HM Amit Shah reviews progress made in onion import that would cool prices
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Maruti Suzuki is working on a brand new product for the Indian market, in the form of the S-Presso micro-SUV. The upcoming Maruti S-Presso is based on the 'Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and is said to go on sale in India in September this year.
Now, ahead of its official launch in India, the Maruti S-Presso has been spied testing on the Indian street by Cartoq. The spy pics of the new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso micro-SUV showcases the car completely camouflaged.
The spy pics also showcase the overall dimensions of the new car. The S-Presso will come with a tall design, high ground clearance and an almost SUV-ish stance. Based on the Future-S concept, the new S-Presso will come with a brand new design, with bold and aggressive styling features.
The Maruti S-Presso will also be part of the brand's HEARTECT platform, the same architecture which underpins the Swift, Dzire, Ignis and the Ertiga MPV.
It will also get premium features and equipment, which includes LED headlamps, LED DRLs and LED taillights. Other features also include a SUV-like ground clearance of 180mm as well as a high-seating position for the driver.
Inside, the premiumness will continue, with a number of features. This might even include the latest-generation SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system from Maruti Suzuki, steering-mounted controls, fully-digital instrument cluster, fabric seat upholstery and a host of other safety equipment as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be powered by the same engine as on its other models. This includes the updated 1.2-litre BS-VI compliant petrol engine. This engine produces 82bhp and 114Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT transmission.
The upcoming micro-SUV/crossover hatchback, will be compliant with all the upcoming safety and emission norms. This includes both, the BS6 regulations of April 2020 and the new crash test regulations of October 2019.
Talking about BS-VI emissions, Maruti Suzuki just launched the BS6-compliant Ertiga MPV in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ertiga BS6 petrol is priced at Rs 7.54 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso
The Maruti S-Presso is a brand new entry-level product offering from the company in India. The car once launched will rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Mahindra KUV100 NXT. It will also be priced competitively in the market, although the official figures will be announced closer to its launch date.