- 10 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 12 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The new Maruti MPV will be a more premium offering from the Indian manufacturer and will be sold through the brand's Nexa dealerships. Although, based on the Ertiga, the new MPV from Maruti Suzuki will offer a new look and design, as reported by CarDekho.
The premium MPV is also expected to come with a new name, which will easily differentiate it from the Ertiga. The new Maruti MPV will also be sportier while featuring a six-seater configuration on the inside.
Other interior updates are also expected, this includes additional features providing a more premium and upmarket feel to the new MPV. Some of the features expected include LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights, leather upholstery, cruise control and new sportier alloy wheels.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti MPV will receive the company's new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine. The new engine is set to replace the current Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre multijet unit soon. Details of the new and bigger engine have been revealed and are said to produce 95bhp and 225Nm of peak torque.
It will also feature the new 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine, which debuted on the Ciaz. The new petrol engine churns out 105bhp and 138Nm of torque. Both engines will further come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The standard Maruti Ertiga was launched in the market, recently. The second-generation Ertiga came with a completely refreshed design, offering a more upmarket feel to the MPV. The Maruti Ertiga comes with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh while the top-spec variant of the Ertiga MPV is priced at 10.9 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Maruti MPV Launch In India
The new premium Maruti MPV will go on sale in the market, sometime in 2019. The new Maruti MPV will come with a slightly higher price tag, in the range of Rs 11 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom. The premium Maruti MPV will continue to take on the Mahindra Marazzo in the market, as well as the segment-leader Toyota Innova Crysta.