- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Valued at Rs 6,60,19,46,757 Kamal Nath’s son Nakul is richest MP
- Sports Gutsy Valencia shock Barcelona to win Copa del Rey
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki launched their all-new Ertiga MPV in India a couple of months ago. The new Maruti Ertiga came with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Ertiga comes with a completely new design, additional features and a number of other updates.
Now, the new Maruti Ertiga commands a waiting period of over eight months, depending on the variant and colour selected. The popular MPV offering from Maruti Suzuki saw a lot of demand during the time of its launch.
The Ertiga is based on the same HEARTECT platform, similar to some of its siblings including the Swift, Baleno, Ignis and the Dzire. The new Ertiga MPV is also larger in dimensions than the previous-generation model, translating to a more spacious cabin.
Maruti Suzuki offers the new Ertiga MPV in 10 variants, all of which come with the option for either a petrol or diesel engine. The petrol engine on the Ertiga is the new 1.5-litre unit, which first debuted on the Ciaz sedan. The new engine churns out 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque. The engine further comes mated to either a standard five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox.
The diesel version of the new Maruti Ertiga, on the other hand, is the tried and tested 1.3-litre DDiS engine. It produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission.
Maruti Suzuki will soon be replacing the 1.3-litre diesel engine to the new in-house developed 1.5-litre unit. The new diesel engine will first debut on the Ciaz, before being used on the Ertiga MPV.
Apart from the standard Maruti Ertiga MPV, the Indian carmaker is also working on the launch of a more premium six-seater MPV, based on the Ertiga. The new premium MPV will be differentiated with a completely new name and is expected to go on sale in India soon.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga MPV Waiting Period
The Maruti Ertiga is one of the most popular offerings in the Indian MPV segment. The Maruti Ertiga MPV comes with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh while the top-spec comes priced at Rs 10.90 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). In the Indian market, the Maruti Ertiga rivals the likes of the Mahindra Marazzo, Toyota Innova Crysta and the Renault Lodgy.