- 9 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 11 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 13 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The new Maruti Ertiga was launched in the Indian market a couple of months back, with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Since its launch, the all-new Ertiga has managed to create quite a good demand in the market, receiving over 10,000 bookings within the first week and 23,000 bookings in the first month.
The company has now mentioned that the Ertiga, due to its overwhelming response commands a waiting period of four months. This is significantly more than its closest rival, the Mahindra Marazzo.
The all-new Maruti Ertiga comes with a completely new design, giving it a more upmarket feel compared to the previous generation model. The new Ertiga is also much larger in dimensions, due to the use of Maruti Suzuki's HEARTECT platform.
The all-new Ertiga MPV also comes with a host of features, both on the exterior and interior. This includes projector headlamps, LED tail lights, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a host of other safety features such as airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors/camera; to name a few.
In terms of mechanicals, the Maruti Ertiga comes with both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol version includes the new 1.5-litre K15Series engine producing 103bhp and 138Nm of torque. The petrol engine is further mated to Maruti's SHVS (mild-hybrid technology).
The diesel engine on the all-new Ertiga is the tried and tested 1.3-litre DDiS200 diesel unit. It produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The SHVS technology is available with the diesel unit as well. Both engine further comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional four-speed torque converter automatic transmission (for the petrol unit only).
Maruti is also said to be developing a new 1.5-litre DDis225 diesel unit, which will replace the current 1.3-litre diesel. The new 1.5-litre diesel engine will first debut on the Ciaz sedan, before expanding to the Ertiga and the Baleno as well.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga Waiting Period
The new Maruti Ertiga has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market. The Ertiga offers a completely fresh design, which has peaked the interest of many customers in the segment. The all-new Ertiga rivals the likes of the Mahindra Marazzo and the Toyota Innova Crysta.
Source: Express Drives