- 5 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 6 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 6 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 6 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on introducing a new product in the Indian market. The new product from the brand will be revealed in late-2019 and will be a crossover, based on the all-new Ertiga MPV.
According to Autocar India, a leaked document from Suzuki Indonesia revealed the plans for the new Ertiga-based crossover. The new derivative of the Ertiga will also share the standard body panels while also receiving additional mouldings giving it a beefier look. The crossover will also feature chunkier front and rear bumpers, along with additional body claddings. Other differences might also include a new tyre design and bigger wheels as well.
Although the design of the crossover might be completely different to the Ertiga MPV, it will, however, receive the same set of mechanicals including the engine specifications.
The new Ertiga currently comes with two engine options: 1.5-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel units.
The petrol engine produces 105bhp while the diesel unit churns out 90bhp. Both engines are mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the optional AGS transmission for the petrol.
However, Maruti Suzuki is working on a new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine. This new engine will be introduced in the market soon and will first debut on the Ciaz sedan.
Apart from the crossover derivative, Maruti Suzuki is also said to be introducing a new six-seater premium version of the Ertiga MPV. The premium six-seater variant will be available only on the top-spec variant and might be sold exclusively at Maruti's NEXA dealerships.
Also, Maruti Suzuki dealers are currently offering massive discounts worth up to Rs 1.08 lakh on all variant of the previous generation Ertiga MPV. The discounts are available across the petrol, diesel and CNG units, in a bid to clear stocks of the old model.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga-Based Crossover
Maruti's Ertiga-based Crossover is just one of many derivatives planned for the MPV by the company. The new crossover will be introduced in the Indonesian market soon, however, there is no news yet regarding its entry into India. The new Maruti Ertiga rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra Marazzo and the Renault Lodgy in the market.