- 44 min ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 3 hrs ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- 4 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- Sports Mahi's long orange hair was a disaster - Sakshi on Dhoni's hairstyle
- News Mumbai experiences cloudy sky, light showers as Cyclone Nisarga forms in Arabian Sea
- Lifestyle Why Dry Shaving Is Bad For Your Skin
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate In May Stays At 23%
- Technology Do Not Install Windows 10, Version 2004 Update On Your PC Or Laptop
- Movies Mahesh Babu's Revelation About Having A Crush On This Actress Will Make You Go ‘Aww’!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki has released a new TVC (Television Commercial) of the new Baleno hatchback (2019). The official video of the facelifted Maruti Baleno features Bollywood actor, Ranveer Singh. Launched at a starting price of Rs 5.45 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the 2019 Maruti Baleno brings a fair amount of updates compared to the previous model.
Prices of the latest Baleno's variants have also increased. The base price is now Rs 7000 more than it was earlier while the top-of-the-line trim is dearer by Rs 43,000.
The 2019 Maruti Baleno model is available in four trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha; just like before. Sales are done exclusively through Maruti Suzuki Nexa outlets and the car has definitely improved in terms of being a premium offering.
An interesting fact about the new Baleno is that it will also be sold under Toyota India's portfolio in the not-too-distant future. It will be the first product under the alliance between Maruti Suzuki and Toyota — check out everything you need to know about the 'Toyota Baleno'.
Coming back to the regular Baleno, changes mainly come in the form of exterior cosmetic and interior equipment. The front bumper now has bigger air dams and sit in harmony with the redesigned grille. The premium Maruti Suzuki hatchback also sports a new set of 16-inch alloy wheels.
On the inside, a refreshing blue/black theme, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system (supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), redesigned AC controls, seat belt reminders, dual airbags and a speed-warning system come part of the package. The basic design still looks identical to the previous model.
The 2019 Maruti Baleno hatchback comes in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.2-litre petrol engine makes 89bhp and 115Nm of torque and the 1.3-litre diesel unit produces 75bhp and 190Nm. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual while the petrol engine can be opted with a CVT unit.
The new Maruti Baleno mainly rivals the Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz and Volkswagen Polo.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Baleno's TVC
The latest version of the Maruti Baleno hatchback offers just enough to justify its mid-life update. The newly-released TVC of the Baleno highlights all the important changes it brings, but isn't that great in terms of overall appeal (the music just seems odd). On the other hand, Maruti Suzuki had made a really good TVC of the new Wagon R (2019 model) — watch it here.