- 12 min ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- 51 min ago Royal Enfiled Meteor 350 Expected India Launch By June: Will Rival The Jawa 350
- 1 hr ago Kia Sonet: Expected Launch Date in India, Price, Specs, Features & Competitors Explained
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Introduces Finance Scheme Offers For New Car Buyers: Repayments With Flexible EMIs
- Finance Axis Bank Jumps Up To 15%; Top Gainer On Nifty
- Movies Raashi Khanna Replaces Anushka Shetty In Aruva As The Latter Rejects The Suriya-Starrer
- Sports India and other countries should opt for split coaching: Darren Lehmann
- Travel Karnataka To Open Religious Places From June 1
- Lifestyle Melasma Chloasma: What Are The 6 Factors That Cause It? Symptoms, Treatments And Prevention
- Technology Qubo Smart Home Security Camera With COVID Guard Feature Launched For Rs. 4,290
- News Cong to launch 'SpeakUp' campaign to raise voice of poor, migrants, small businesses
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki recently rubbished rumours suggesting that their entry-level offering, the Alto hatchback would be discontinued in India. The company later confirmed that the hatchback would undergo 'heavy changes' ahead of the BS-VI emission norms implementation.
Now, the first spy pics of the new Maruti Alto has been leaked online. The spy pic showcases the rear-end of a completely camouflaged Alto, without revealing any major details.
Maruti Suzuki officials have already confirmed that a new Alto is in under development. The new Maruti Alto will replace the current model while also complying with the new Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assesment Program (BNVSAP). This translates to the next-generation Alto featuring an all-new platform and engine.
The Maruti Alto has been one of the most popular cars in the Indian market and has been on sale for quite a while now. It was one of the first products to be launched from Maruti Suzuki and has gone through a number of updates and iterations over the years.
It has also managed to retain the number one spot in the top-selling cars of India list continuously for the past couple of years. However, with the strict upcoming safety and emission regulations being implemented soon, Maruti Suzuki will have to provide major updates and changes to keep the car in the market.
The current generation Maruti Alto is offered in two variants - 800cc and 1.0-litre petrol offerings. The 800cc three-cylinder engine churns out 48bhp and 69Nm of torque. The 1.0-litre unit, on the other hand, produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The larger 1.0-litre unit also comes with Maruti's optional AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Alto 2019 Spy Pics
The new Maruti Alto will be offered with a number of changes and updates compared to the current generation model. The Alto hatchback is one of the best-selling cars for the company, bringing in the most sales month-on-month. The Maruti Alto hatchback rivals the likes of the Renault Kwid in the Indian market.
Image Courtesy: Rushlane