- 53 min ago Tata Motors Updates Nexon With New Interior Features
- 1 hr ago MG Hector Vs Jeep Compass Vs Tata Harrier — How Does The Brit Stack Up Against It Rivals?
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Royal Enfield Classic 350 Spotted Testing With Several Improvements & New Engine
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month Of Launch
- News Bank jobs: IDBI bank announces 600 Assistant Manager vacancies; Online application for PGDBF begins
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Open Sale Amazon – Punch-Hole Display And Triple Rear Cameras For Rs. 19,990
- Movies Golden Star Ganesh Is Not Celebrating His B'day This Year; The Reason Is Heart-wrenching
- Finance RITES Board Approves Bonus Share Issue
- Sports Uncertain Koulibaly suspects he will stay at Napoli
- Lifestyle What Casual Outfits Did Khushi, Sharmin, Ananya, And Janhvi Wear Recently?
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki recently rubbished rumours suggesting that their entry-level offering, the Alto hatchback would be discontinued in India. The company later confirmed that the hatchback would undergo 'heavy changes' ahead of the BS-VI emission norms implementation.
Now, the first spy pics of the new Maruti Alto has been leaked online. The spy pic showcases the rear-end of a completely camouflaged Alto, without revealing any major details.
Maruti Suzuki officials have already confirmed that a new Alto is in under development. The new Maruti Alto will replace the current model while also complying with the new Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assesment Program (BNVSAP). This translates to the next-generation Alto featuring an all-new platform and engine.
The Maruti Alto has been one of the most popular cars in the Indian market and has been on sale for quite a while now. It was one of the first products to be launched from Maruti Suzuki and has gone through a number of updates and iterations over the years.
It has also managed to retain the number one spot in the top-selling cars of India list continuously for the past couple of years. However, with the strict upcoming safety and emission regulations being implemented soon, Maruti Suzuki will have to provide major updates and changes to keep the car in the market.
The current generation Maruti Alto is offered in two variants - 800cc and 1.0-litre petrol offerings. The 800cc three-cylinder engine churns out 48bhp and 69Nm of torque. The 1.0-litre unit, on the other hand, produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The larger 1.0-litre unit also comes with Maruti's optional AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Alto 2019 Spy Pics
The new Maruti Alto will be offered with a number of changes and updates compared to the current generation model. The Alto hatchback is one of the best-selling cars for the company, bringing in the most sales month-on-month. The Maruti Alto hatchback rivals the likes of the Renault Kwid in the Indian market.
Image Courtesy: Rushlane