- 19 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 38 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 41 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Movies Pailwaan Revised Release Date Afloat On Internet; Here's When The Sudeep Starrer Will Grace Theatres
- Sports England cricketers to sport names, numbers on Test jerseys: This is how Twitterati react to change in tradition
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on an all-new Alto for the Indian market. The new Maruti Alto is expected to be launched in the market by late-2019. The new Maruti Alto 2019 will come with a number of changes including design, additional features and other interior and exterior updates.
According to Maruti Suzuki officials, the hatchback will be modernised to comply with all the upcoming safety and emission norms. This implies that the new Alto will receive an updated BS-VI compliant engine and additional safety features to comply with the latest crash test norms as well.
Note: Image used for representational purpose only
Kenichi Ayukawa, MD, Maruti Suzuki, stated, "The current Alto has become older, and we have to upgrade". Other company officials stated that "heavy changes" will be made to the Alto hatchback for it to take on the growing competition in the entry-level hatchback segment.
The Alto's closest rival is the Renault Kwid, which is gaining popularity due to its SUV-like design. The Maruti Alto is available with two engine options — 800cc and 1.0-litre unit.
The 800cc, three-cylinder engine churns out 48bhp and 69Nm of torque while the 1.0-litre unit produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The larger 1.0-litre version gets the additional AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission as optional.
The 1.0-litre unit is the same engine as seen on the new Maruti Wagon R which was recently introduced in the market. The new Wagon R comes with a starting price of Rs 4.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new 2019 Wagon R comes with refreshed design and a host of new and additional features. Although it still retains it's popular 'tall boy' design. The hatchback is available in seven variants, each packed with features — check out all the variants of the new Maruti Wagon R in detail.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Alto India Launch
The Maruti Alto was first introduced in 2000 and since then has been the most-popular entry-level hatchback in India. The car has also been the top-selling model in the country consistently since 2004. In terms of pricing for the new Alto, Maruti hopes to keep it similar to the hatchback's current pricing with minimal changes.