- 21 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 23 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 24 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 24 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Disgruntled AAP MLA Alka Lamba to leave AAP in 2020
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Jadeja hopes to get better wickets in tournament proper
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the new Alto in the Indian market. The new Maruti Alto is now offered with a starting price of Rs 2.94 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The facelifted entry-level hatchback will continue to be offered in three variant, all of which will now be powered by a new BS-VI compliant 800cc engine.
Maruti Suzuki has dropped the '800' badging from the Alto facelift. The new Maruti Alto is now the second car from the brand which offers a BS-VI compliant engine, after the Baleno. The new Alto had been spied recently arriving at company dealerships, indicating the launch.
However, the new Maruti Alto is just an interim model from the brand, which is working on the next-generation model for a launch in 2020. The next-generation Maruti Alto will come with a completely new design, with almost an SUV-ish stance similar to that on its rival, the Renault Kwid.
The next-generation Alto will borrow design inspiration from the Future S Concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. Maruti Suzuki is expected to launch the next-generation model of the Alto in the Indian market by sometime later this year.
Coming back to the new Alto though, the entry-level hatchback now comes with cosmetic updates which include a new front grille and bumper. The car now sits on 12-inch steel wheels, painted either black or silver.
Inside, the new Maruti Alto comes with a cabin now similar to its elder sibling, the Alto K10. This includes a dual-tone dashboard, double DIN infotainment system, USB, Bluetooth and Aux-in. The new hatchback also comes with all the mandatory safety equipment including driver airbags, reverse parking sensors, high-speed alert, seat-belt reminder and ABS.
Powering the new Maruti Alto is the new BS-VI compliant 796cc three-cylinder petrol engine producing 48bhp and 69Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Maruti Suzuki has also released a new TV Commercial for the new Alto hatchback in the Indian market. Check out the TVC below:
R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki stated:
"At Maruti Suzuki, we are committed to bring innovations in India's best-selling car brand Alto, which now has a stylish makeover with additional safety features. With cumulative sales of over 3.7 million since launch in 2000, Alto has been a symbol of pride for Indian car users. Nearly 58% of Alto customers have chosen it as their first car purchase. The New Alto is India's first BSVI compliant entry segment car with a powerful engine and high fuel efficiency of 22.05 km/l. We are confident that the New Alto will be a car that young Indians will be proud to own."
Thoughts On The New Maruti Alto Launched In India
The Maruti Alto is one of the top-selling cars in the Indian market. The Maruti Alto has been topping the sales chart consistently for years now. Maruti Suzuki hopes that the new Maruti Alto, with the BS-VI compliant engine will attract more customers towards the model. The new Maruti Alto continues to rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Datsun Redi-GO in the Indian market.