- 18 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mahindra is working on the next-generation Thar off-roader for the Indian market. Now, ahead of its upcoming launch in India, fresh set of spy pics of the 2020 Mahindra Thar has been leaked online.
As seen from these spy pics, the new Mahindra Thar prototypes comes with an increase in its overall dimensions. The off-roader is evidently wider than the current model on sale in the market. However, the Mahindra Thar is still in its early stages of development, with a possible launch in 2020 at the earliest.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar will be based on an new architecture, which will allow the off-roader to be compliant with all the upcoming safety norms. It will also ensure that the Thar complies with the upcoming Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP).
The 2020 Mahindra Thar still retains the same silhouette as its predecessors. The new Thar even seems to retain the signature seven-slat vertical grille, round headlamp units and the tarpaulin roof at the rear.
However, other changes expected on the 2020 Thar include a modified coil spring set up for both the front and rear suspension, flared wheel arches and increased ground clearance.
Inside, the new Mahindra Thar will also get several significant improvements, most of which are yet to be revealed or officially announced. However, we can expect a completely updated dashboard unit, new seat fabrics, touchscreen infotainment system, dual airbags, ABS and all other standard safety features as well.
Mahindra is yet to announce the exact engine specification changes on the new Thar off-roader. Although, we has previously reported that the Indian carmaker might replace the ageing 2.5-litre diesel unit with the new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine. The new engine is expected to produce 140bhp and 300Nm of torque.
The new 2,0-litre diesel will also make its way onto the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 and the Scorpio offerings. However, the next-generation XUV500, which is said to be based on the new Ssangyong Korando will get a bump in its power output, producing 180bhp instead of 140bhp as on the Thar.
Thoughts On The 2020 Mahindra Thar Spy Pics
With the addition of all the new features and the updated architecture, the upcoming Mahindra Thar will be priced at a more premium cost, compared to the current generation model. Still in its early developmental stages, expect the new Mahindra Thar to be introduced in the market, sometime only by early 2020.
Image Courtesy: Rushlane