- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The 2020 Mahindra Thar has been spotted testing ahead of its launch expected launch next year. The spy pics from Rushlane reveal a completely camouflaged mule actively testing ahead of its expected showcase at 2020 Auto Expo.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar will be based on a new platform that is currently featured on the TUV300 and the Scorpio. The new platform will make the off-roader longer, wider, and taller than the current-generation Thar.
The spy pics also reveal the test mule featuring a low-ratio gearbox with four-wheel-drive system. The test mule spotted features a more conventional forward-facing second row seat and power window switches placed on the center console behind the gear lever. The interiors of the test mule has been camouflaged and do not reveal much about the changes made to the new-gen Thar.
The new-gen Thar is expected to feature an all-new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine. The new engine will also be shared among other models from the company's line-up including the XUV500.
The new engine will come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with the same low-range selector carried forward from the outgoing model. The power will be sent to the rear wheels as standard with an option to switch to four-wheel drive through a manual selector.
The new-gen Mahindra Thar is also expected to receive fresh interiors starting with a new touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. The new interiors on the off-roader will be revised to adding to a pleasant cabin feel.
The new 2020, Thar will also feature an improved crash safety and pedestrian protection to comply with the new crash test norms that have come into effect from this month. The other safety features include ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System), seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, and a speed alert as mandated by the new safety law.
Mahindra 2020 Thar is expected to be offered in two versions, a Hard-Top and a Soft-Top right from the factory. The off-roader has been on sale since 2010 in the Indian market and is due for a mid-life update from the company.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Spied
The company is all set to release new BS-VI models of their current line-up early next year. The new-gen Thar will make the off-roader more comfortable and safer with all the new updates. The 2020 Mahindra Thar will go against the Force Gurkha which is also getting ready for a new version next year.