- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The new Mahindra Thar (2020 model) has been spied once again; this time in Zirakpur, Punjab. The 'bigger and enhanced' Mahindra Thar is expected to be launched at Auto Expo 2020, while the off-roader is undergoing extensive testing across India.
The images shared by Himanshu Shandilya on 4x4India show the new Mahindra Thar in action on public roads. As you can see, the upcoming 2020 Thar model is noticeably larger (especially wider) than the outgoing model.
Design features such as the seven-slot grille, round headlamps and of course, the boxy proportions are retained. It is still a 'Mahindra Jeep' in every way, but brings a host of improvements in terms of technology and driveability. We have shared some close-up images of the new Mahindra Thar recently — check here to see the main differences between the new Thar and its current version.
The above-mentioned changes (other than the larger dimensions) mainly include an independent front suspension, revamped interiors (similar to the present Mahindra Scorpio) and a new power plant.
As per reports, the 2020 Mahindra Thar model is powered by a BS-VI-compliant 2.0-litre mHawk diesel engine. The output is sent to all four wheels via a new 4WD system, complete with locking differentials. The current Mahindra Thar is offered with two engines: 2.5-litre CRDe (105bhp/247Nm) and 2.6-litre Di (63bhp/195Nm).
Even though having much higher dimensions, the Mahindra Thar's new model is claimed to have a lower centre of gravity, greater stability and better off-roading capability. The development of the 2020 Thar was done with several key inputs from customers of the existing model as well as the brand's off-roading division, Mahindra Adventure.
Expected prices for the new Mahindra Thar is in the range of Rs 7 – 10 lakh ex-showroom. We still lack the exact details regarding the latest iteration of 'India's favourite off-roader', but Mahindra will be sharing more information in the coming months.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Model (2020)
The Mahindra Thar is built to take on almost all kinds of terrain and it excels at this to a good extent. The lightweight body, low-ratio transmission and Mahindra's engineering expertise are some factors which have made the present Thar, a popular choice. The 2020 Mahindra Thar is based on an entirely new platform and will showcase excellent off-roading capabilities.