- 33 min ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 3 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 3 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 4 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Mohammed Shami's estranged wife Hasin Jahan has this to say on his hat-trick
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- News Dera head Ram Rahim Singh parole issue: Sirsa Police yet to give its report to DC
- Technology How To Travel With Drone To A New Country – All You Need To Know
- Movies Nagarjuna's Past Comments About Bigg Boss Telugu Haunt Him Big Time; Deets Inside!
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Spy pics of the new Mahindra Thar model have been leaked once again. The latest spy images once again prove that the 2020 Mahindra Thar is much bigger than the outgoing model. Compared to the previously-leaked spy images, the latest set shows the off-roader up close. This leads us to the question — is the new Mahindra Thar the largest 'road-going' Indian off-roader ever made?
The images shared by Parikshith Mithran on 4x4India show the next-generation Mahindra Thar at a fuel station. The seven-slot grille, circular headlamps and the boxy silhouette have been retained, but in an all-new package. Perhaps the width of the upcoming Mahindra Thar model is what which is talked about a lot.
"It looks massive. The body is wide and the suspension has coil spring setup in the front. The gap between the fender and tyre has increased. Even the back suspension has been changed," said Parikshith on his post.
He further stated that the dashboard looked similar to the existing model while the instrument console was nearly identical to that of the Mahindra Scorpio.
Thanks to the quality photography, one can see the revised coil springs up front (independent front suspension) and we believe that the protruding wheel arches are aimed to support a higher amount of wheel articulation. The production version will sport an unassuming bumper as well. An expert can also notice that the intercooler is placed above the radiator, unlike usual — better turbocharger efficiency (hence better low-end torque), maybe?
Hardcore Thar enthusiasts will be able to find some subtle changes to the design such as the redesigned tail lamps and the fact that the headlamps are buried into the front-end. On the present model, the headlamps protrude out of the body. In addition to this, the spare wheel at the rear and one windshield wiper are missing.
The new Mahindra Thar is expected to come with a BS-VI-compliant 2.0-litre mHawk diesel engine. The output can be split to four wheels via a new 4WD system with locking differentials. Currently, there are two engines on offer: 2.5-litre CRDe (105bhp/247Nm) and 2.6-litre Di (63bhp/195Nm).
Expected prices of the next-generation Mahindra Thar is in the range of Rs 7 – 10 lakh ex-showroom. Regarding the new Thar's launch, chances are high for it to happen at Auto Expo 2020.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar (2020 Model)
The current Mahindra Thar shares most of its components with the Scorpio, but the new model was developed (or is being developed) entirely from the ground up; taking key inputs from customers and the brand's Mahindra Adventure off-roading division. For the same reason, we can expect one capable off-roader in the not-too-distant future.
What do you think of the new Mahindra Thar? Let us know in the comment section below!