- 5 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 5 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 6 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 6 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Honda Car India is preparing to launch the new Civic sedan in India by the end of March 2019. Prior to the launch of the new Honda Civic, the premium sedan was spotted multiple times on Indian roads in a camouflaged prototype avatar. However, the 2019 Honda Civic was recently caught on camera in absolutely zero camouflage.
The latest spy video of the new Honda Civic shows the car casually cruising on Airport Road, Bangalore. The tenth-generation Honda Civic hit global markets back in 2016 and was first introduced in India back at Auto Expo 2018.
With the launch of the new model, the Japanese automotive company will fill a seven-year void in the D-segment sedan market in India. The previous-generation Honda Civic was introduced back in August 2006. It went through two mid-life updates and was discontinued in 2013.
The first Honda Civic model which came to Indian shores was popular for its aerodynamic styling, then-advanced interiors and the engaging VTEC petrol engine. The new Honda Civic brings a whole load of improvements and enhancements over its previous iteration.
Full-LED headlamps, 17-inch wheels, a large touchscreen infotainment system and enough technology to provide a sporty, yet comfortable, driving experience; are all part of the package. If rumours are correct, the 2019 Honda Civic will come only in a single trim.
Regarding specifications, the new Honda Civic will be offered in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol engine makes 140bhp and 174Nm of torque while the all-new 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel unit will debut packing 120bhp and close to 300Nm. Transmission duties will be done by either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic.
Once launched, the new Honda Civic will be a compelling alternative to the Hyundai Elantra (update coming soon), Skoda Octavia and Toyota Corolla Altis. Bookings will most likely start within a few weeks' time and the expected price range of the 2019 Honda Civic is around Rs 15 — 19 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Honda Civic
The newly-leaked spy video of the Honda Civic confirms that the sedan will be launched in the country very soon. Indian car enthusiasts have been waiting for the Civic to make a comeback for many years and Honda Car India has finally listened to their request. Will the new Honda Civic become as desirable as the old model? Let us know in the comment section below.