- 32 min ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 2 hrs ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- 3 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- 4 hrs ago Tata Harrier Dark BS6 Special Edition SUV Started To Arrive At Dealerships
- Technology Do Not Install Windows 10, Version 2004 Update On Your PC Or Laptop
- News Delhi borders sealed for 1 week: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lifestyle Fashion Diary: Madhubala’s Traditional And Western Fashion Look That You Would Want To Ace
- Sports IPL would be 'terrific alternative' if T20 World Cup is postponed, says Steve Smith
- Movies Mahesh Babu's Revelation About Having A Crush On This Actress Will Make You Go ‘Aww’!
- Finance Voltas Jumps Over 11% On Q4 Results, Brokerage Calls
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Car India is preparing to launch the new Civic sedan in India by the end of March 2019. Prior to the launch of the new Honda Civic, the premium sedan was spotted multiple times on Indian roads in a camouflaged prototype avatar. However, the 2019 Honda Civic was recently caught on camera in absolutely zero camouflage.
The latest spy video of the new Honda Civic shows the car casually cruising on Airport Road, Bangalore. The tenth-generation Honda Civic hit global markets back in 2016 and was first introduced in India back at Auto Expo 2018.
With the launch of the new model, the Japanese automotive company will fill a seven-year void in the D-segment sedan market in India. The previous-generation Honda Civic was introduced back in August 2006. It went through two mid-life updates and was discontinued in 2013.
The first Honda Civic model which came to Indian shores was popular for its aerodynamic styling, then-advanced interiors and the engaging VTEC petrol engine. The new Honda Civic brings a whole load of improvements and enhancements over its previous iteration.
Full-LED headlamps, 17-inch wheels, a large touchscreen infotainment system and enough technology to provide a sporty, yet comfortable, driving experience; are all part of the package. If rumours are correct, the 2019 Honda Civic will come only in a single trim.
Regarding specifications, the new Honda Civic will be offered in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol engine makes 140bhp and 174Nm of torque while the all-new 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel unit will debut packing 120bhp and close to 300Nm. Transmission duties will be done by either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic.
Once launched, the new Honda Civic will be a compelling alternative to the Hyundai Elantra (update coming soon), Skoda Octavia and Toyota Corolla Altis. Bookings will most likely start within a few weeks' time and the expected price range of the 2019 Honda Civic is around Rs 15 — 19 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Honda Civic
The newly-leaked spy video of the Honda Civic confirms that the sedan will be launched in the country very soon. Indian car enthusiasts have been waiting for the Civic to make a comeback for many years and Honda Car India has finally listened to their request. Will the new Honda Civic become as desirable as the old model? Let us know in the comment section below.