- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
According to Autocar India, the new Ford SUV will be based on the Fiesta-hatchback available in the international markets. Testing of the new EcoSport replacement has already started with the prototype wearing the Fiesta bodywork and an SUV-style raised height.
The all-new SUV could carry forward the EcoSport nameplate or be introduced as a completely different model altogether. In terms of mechanicals, the new SUV could use the same engine specifications as seen on the international-spec Fiesta hatchback. The new SUV will also be underpinned by the same platform as the hatchback.
The Ford EcoSport replacement is said to come with a FWD (front-wheel-drive) system. There will also be an AWD (all-wheel-drive) system, carried forward from the current EcoSport SUV.
However, there is no specific confirmation regarding the new SUV coming to the Indian market. The Ford EcoSport has a good following in the Indian market, hence it will be interesting to see Ford's strategy with the EcoSport nameplate.
Currently, Ford India offers the EcoSport SUV will three engine options — 1.5-litre petrol, 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol and a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel. The 1.5-litre petrol is a three-cylinder unit which churns out 123bhp and 150Nm of torque while the 1.0-litre three-cylinder EcoBoost produces 125bhp and 170Nm of torque.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel, on the other hand, churns out 100bhp and 205Nm of torque. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, while the petrol engine further comes with the optional six-speed automatic. The 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine comes with a standard six-speed manual gearbox only.
The current generation Ford EcoSport also offers a range of features. These include automatic headlamps, electric sunroof, rain-sensing wipers, ambient lighting, 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Ford's SYNC 3, AppLink 3.0 and voice-activated technology, keyless entry & climate control; to name a few.
Thoughts On The Ford EcoSport SUV Replacement
The new SUV from Ford has been spotted testing outside India. The prototype of the SUV wears body panels from the international Fiesta hatchback model, yet comes with a raised height clearly indicating its SUV-stance. Ford is yet to confirm any plans for the EcoSport in the Indian market.