- 32 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 50 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 53 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Movies SHOCKING! Salman Khan Was Not The First Choice To Play Chulbul Pandey In Dabangg
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Ford showcased their 2020 Shelby GT500 at the recently concluded Noth American International Auto Show in Detroit. The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 is said to be the most powerful Mustang ever built.
Now, the first production-spec model of the Shelby GT500 bearing VIN number ending with 001 has been auctioned off for $1.1 million. The sale took place at the Barrett-Jackson annual auction in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The first production-spec 2020 Shelby GT500 was sold to none other than the CEO and Chairman of Barrett-Jackson, Craig Jackson himself. Present during the auction, were Edsel Ford II and Aaron Shelby, grandson of the legendary Carroll Shelby to help get the bids up.
The total amount of $1.1 million will be donated to charity, JDRF — a Diabetes Research Foundation. The proceeds will help JDRF to continue their research of finding a cure for diabetes. Ford has partnered with JDRF for over 35 years and donated $70 million towards the research.
Joe Hinrichs, Ford President, Global Operations, stated, "JDRF always needs more muscle to help kids fight diabetes, so we are donating one of our heavyweights - the very first 2020 Shelby GT500. We have supported JDRF for many of its nearly 50 years, so we know there's no easy cure. That is why we are using our most iconic vehicles to help researchers find cures and help millions of children live better lives until that day arrives."
Craig Jackson, CEO & Chairman, Barrett-Jackson, stated, "Over the past decade, Ford, Shelby and Barrett-Jackson have given enthusiasts the opportunity to collect some very rare cars. In 2015, we sold VIN 001 Ford Shelby GT350 at Barrett-Jackson, giving JDRF a cool million dollars. We look forward to hosting members of the Ford and Shelby families again when they auction VIN 001 of the newest Mustang Shelby GT500 for charity."
The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 was showcased at the NAIAS. The Shelby GT comes with a 5.2-litre supercharged V8 engine producing over 700bhp; making it the fastest road-legal Mustang ever.
Thoughts On The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 Auction
The Barrett-Jackson Auction is an annual event, which sees rare and exotic cars from various eras being sold for huge amounts. The money from the auction of the first production-spec Shelby GT500 will go for a good cause; towards finding a cure for the disease.