- 1 hr ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Sports Mission Tokyo: No sweets, spicy food for Indian women hockey team
- News Revealed: The child in Modi’s arms, who he called a special friend in Parliament
- Technology Realme 3i First Sale Sells Over 150,000 Units Within 30 Minutes
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Ford has unveiled their latest Shelby GT500 at the ongoing 2019 Detroit Auto Show. The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 is said to be the fastest road-legal Mustang ever built by the American brand.
The new Ford Shelby GT500 is powered by a supercharged 5.2-litre V8, said to produce over 700bhp. This is almost as powerful as the company's current Nascar stock car and double that of the first V8 Mustang from 1967.
The massive engine is further mated to seven-speed DCT transmission, developed with inputs from the team who worked on the GT. The new transmission on the GT500 is said to have a shift time of just 100 milliseconds. All the power is sent to the rear wheels through a carbon-fibre driveshaft. The transmission, along with the massive power unit allows the Shelby GT500 to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just over three seconds.
The dual-clutch transmission offers the new Shelby GT500 with five different driving modes: normal, weather, sport, drag and track. The GT500 also offers Ford's Line-lock and and launch control features through selectable track apps.
The 2020 Shelby GT500 has been developed by Ford Performance while its tech has been borrowed from Ford's racing division and the GT4 program. The new GT500 comes with a larger front grille and a louvered vent on the bonnet, allowing 50 per cent more airflow than the GT350. This helps the sports coupe get the most downforce compared to any other Mustang. The Mustang also comes with a standard adjustable rear spoiler, low ground clearance and a wide stance, giving it a mean look even at standstill.
The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 comes with an updated active chassis controls. It also offers preset controls for the Mustang's different drive modes. The new GT500 rides on 20-inch Ford Performance-specific wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. Braking is handled by 420mm 6-caliper Brembo brakes — largest-ever on an American sports coupe.
Inside, the 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 comes with a completely new carbon-fibre dashboard, optional Recaro seats, with pass-throughs for safety harnesses. The GT500 comes with 12-inch instrument cluster and an 8-inch infotainment system with SYNC 3 and a 12-speaker B&O sound system.
The Ford Shelby GT500 also offers an additional 'Carbon-Fibre Track' package. With this package, the GT500 comes with carbon-fibre wheels wrapped in Pilot Sport Cup 2s tyres (more track-focused), exposed carbon-fibre GT4 track wings and splitters and the package also gets rid of the rear-seats to further save weight.
Thoughts On The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 Unveil
The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 will go on sale in the US market, sometime during the later part of this year. It will replace the GT350 as the flagship model in the Mustang lineup. The Shelby GT500 is also said to be the first of multiple versions set to be introduced, including a hybrid version. Currently, there is no plans of Ford bringing the Shelby GT500 to the Indian market.