- 10 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 11 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 12 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Explained: What is a floor test? Know what will happen in Karnataka Assembly today
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Chinese-owned British carmaker MG Motor has unveiled its first ever vehicle for India in the form of the Hector SUV. The MG Hector will go up against the likes of the Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass in India and will be offered in four variants: Style, Super, Smart and Sharp. Bookings for the MG Hector will start in early June, with deliveries set to commence later in the month.
The MG Hector is offered with two engine options in India: a 1.5-litre turbo petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel from FCA. The turbocharged 1.5-litre petrol engine of the MG Hector pushes out 141bhp and 250Nm of torque. The Hector's petrol engine is offered with two transmission options: a 6-speed manual and a dual-clutch automatic.
The petrol version of the MG Hector is also offered with a 48V mild hybrid setup that will be offered with the top three variants of the SUV with the manual transmission. The MG Hector petrol returns a mileage of 14.16km/l when paired with the manual gearbox which reduces to 13.94km/l when paired with the automatic transmission option.
The diesel engine, on the other hand, is the 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder unit that is found in the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier. Under the bonnet of the MG Hector, this FCA-sourced engine produces 168bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is paired to a 6-speed manual gearbox and returns a mileage of 17.41km/l.
The MG Hector measures in at 4,655mm long, 1,835mm wide and 1,760mm tall. The wheelbase of the SUV is 2,750mm long while the ground clearance is 192mm.
The MG Hector is based on the Baoujun 530 (another SUV maker under MG's owners SAIC) sold in China and the design of the two SUVs is very identical. The MG Hector SUV features a large grille up front flanked at the top on either side by the top section of the split headlamp design. The upper section of the split headlamps plays host to the DRLs while the other section, which is placed quite low on the front bumper plays host to the actual headlights. Placed just below this are the LED fog lights. Also seen up front is a faux skid plate done up in silver.
The sides of the Hector feature pumped up wheelarches and roof rails. Also seen on the sides is a character linking the headlights to the tail lights at the rear. The final window on the sides is slightly smaller compared to the rest with the raised metal section wrapping around the back of the SUV. At the rear, the LED tail lights stretch across the width of the SUV and connect with the MG badge at the centre. Also seen are faux bash plate and LED fog lights.
The MG Hector is a connected SUV and comes packed with a host of features including a large 10.3-inch infotainment display that boasts of intenet connectivity thanks to an embedded e-sim from Vodafone. The MG Hector display runs features andoid auto and apple carplay connectivity and also allows for over-the air updates and turn-by-turn-navigation. The infotainment display comes connected to 8-speakers along with a single subwoofer and amplifier audio setup. Other features include 360-degree camera, cruise control, keyless entry, push-button start, six-way adjustable driver seat, reclining rear seats, ambient lighting in 8 colours and a panoramic sunroof.
The MG Hector also comes packed with safety features including up to 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist, electronic stability program (ESP), traction control, vehicle stability management, cruise control, and Hill Hold Control among many others.