- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
MG Motors India rolled out its first production-spec Hector SUV at its Halol facility in Gujarat. The MG Hector SUV is expected to launch in India soon and will be the first product from the SIAC-owned British brand in the market.
MG Motors also confirmed that the company will start shipment of the Hector SUV to its dealerships across India in the next few weeks. MG Motors currently has over 65 showrooms spread across 50 cities in the country.
Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India, stated:
"We are proud to be rolling out the first made in India, feature-rich internet car, the MG Hector, from our all-new assembly line in Gujarat. Adopting the highest quality global manufacturing standards, the Hector has been specially customized to suit Indian customer preferences and road conditions. The MG Hector is poised to become a new benchmark in SUVs."
The MG Motor production facility in Halol, Gujarat has an initial manufacturing capacity of 80,000 units, which is expandable depending on the demand in the market. The MG Hector will officially be unveiled on the 15th May, with bookings beginning from the month of June 2019.
The MG Hector SUV has undergone extensive testing in the country. The SUV has been spied multiple times in India ahead of its launch. According to the company, the SUV has crossed one million kilometres of testing in varied climatic conditions across the country.
The MG Hector will also be one of the first connected-SUVs in the country. It will feature the i-Smart technology integrated with its 10.4-inch vertical infotainment system. MG has also equipped the Hector with a number of other first-in-class and best-in-class features as well, to make the SUV more attractive to the Indian customer.
The MG Hector once launched will be powered by two engines: a 1.5-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. Both engines will come mated to either a six-speed manual gearbox or the optional six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. MG is might also equip the petrol variant of the Hector with a mild-hybrid variant. This is expected to be 12 percent more efficient than the standard petrol model.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Production
MG Hector will look to offer a range of features and equipment to make it more attractive in the market. The MG Hector is also expected to be priced competitively at around Rs 18 - 20 lakh range, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the MG Hector SUV will rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500.