- 25 min ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk Launched In India — Priced At Rs 26.8 Lakh
- 57 min ago CF Moto Readies Four Motorcycles For July 2019 Launch — The Chinese Invasion
- 1 hr ago Kia Seltos’ Specifications, Dimensions & Other Details Revealed
- 1 hr ago Renault Kwid Electric Spied Testing In India — A Possible Launch In The Future?
- Movies Kalank To Be Released On Amazon Prime; Here's When You Can Watch This Movie On Digital Platform!
- News External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar files nomination for Rajya Sabha
- Technology JioCall App Confirms Fixed Line Calling Service – How To Use This Service
- Sports ICC WC 2019: India vs West Indies: 4 memorable moments: 1983 triumph to More's six
- Finance 3 Changes That Will Affect Your ITR Filing This Year
- Lifestyle Girl Chooses ‘The Nun’ Theme For Her 3rd Birthday Party
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
MG Motor India will soon mark its debut in the country with the launch of the all-new Hector SUV. The MG Hector is expected to go on sale by mid-2019 and is currently undergoing extensive testing on public roads. Aimed to rival the likes of the Jeep Compass and Hyundai Tucson, the MG Hector promises a lot.
Now, Autocar India has got hold of the MG Hector petrol variant's specifications. With a petrol power plant, the MG Hector has to compete with only a few competitors on the Indian market. Interestingly enough, both the Jeep Compass and Tucson also come in petrol avatars.
With its 1.5-litre turbocharged motor, the petrol-powered MG Hector makes 143bhp and 250Nm; which are decent figures for its segment. On the other hand, the Jeep Compass petrol produces a higher 163bhp and the same 250Nm of torque from its 1.4-litre turbocharged engine. In comparison, the Hyundai Tucson's 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine pushes out 155bhp and 192Nm.
All three SUVs have both manual and automatic formats. Recent reports also stated that the MG Hector will sport a six-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT).
The new MG Hector will get a 2.0-litre diesel variant as well. The FCA-sourced power plant is similar to the one which powers the Jeep Compass. Though the exact specifications of the MG Hector diesel are yet to be officially shared, we expect figures close to 170bhp and 340Nm. Transmission duties will be done by the same six-speed manual or the DCT unit; sending power to the front wheels.
The name, 'Hector' was only announced recently though an official teaser — watch it here.
The five-seater SUV from the SIAM-owned British automaker comes with a lot on the inside to have an edge over its competitors. A large 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 360-degree camera, Harman audio system, six-way adjustable driver seat, cruise control, TPMS, panoramic sunroof, etc., will be part of the package.
Thoughts On The MG Hector
With 75 per cent of its production being localised at SIAC's new manufacturing facility in Halol, Gujarat, the MG Hector is expected to be priced competitively. It should be a desirable alternative to the Jeep Compass and the company will introduce more products in the country after the launch of the MG Hector.