- 1 hr ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 2 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 2 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Williamson’s match-winning innings proved he is New Zealand’s greatest ever player: Vettori
- News Not aware of any US plan to cap H-1B visas: India
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Movies Sanaya Irani, Barun Sobti & His Wife Pashmeen Are Friends Forever; These Pictures Are The Proof!
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Finance You Will Have To Provide Breakup On Interest Income In ITR-1 For FY 2018-19
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
MG Motors is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market. Its first product will be the Hector SUV, which is expected to go on sale in India by mid-2019. Ahead of its launch, MG Motors already put out a teaser showcasing the Hector SUV.
Now, Autocar India has confirmed that the petrol-powered engine on the Hector SUV will be mated to a six-speed dual-clutch gearbox; developed in-house by MG-SAIC. The petrol engine itself will be in the form of a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit. There will also be a 2.0-litre diesel unit on offer, along with the petrol engine. Exact power figures of either of the engines are yet to be officially confirmed, however, it should be in the same range as its competitors — here are all the details of MG Motors India strategy.
Note: Image used for representational purpose only.
This makes the MG MG Hector the second petrol-powered SUV to offer a dual-clutch transmission; after the Jeep Compass. The six-speed dual-clutch gearbox on the Hector will be offered alongside a standard six-speed manual transmission as well.
The six-speed dual-clutch gearbox is said to come with a 'Sport' mode, as well as paddle shifters as standard. Reports also suggest that the automatic transmission on the Hector has been globally tested for over 2.6 million kilometres.
The MG Hector SUV has already been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. The upcoming SUV offering from the British-origin automotive brand will come packed with a number of features and equipment. One of the main features being a 10.4-inch portrait-oriented touchscreen infotainment system — the largest in India.
Another standout feature on the upcoming MG Hector is the panoramic sunroof, which is said to be the largest in its class. Other features expected on the upcoming MG SUV: 360-degree surround view camera, Harman Infinity surround sound system with four speakers, four tweeters and a subwoofer, steering-mounted audio controls, six-way power-adjustable driver seats, push-button start,tyre pressure monitoring system, cruise control and keyless entry to name a few.
MG Motors recently opened up its first corporate office in Gurugram, NCR. The MG corporate office will also house their flagship showroom on the ground floor, along with a merchandise store as well.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Automatic Transmission
MG Motor India is all set to introduce its first product in the market. The MG Hector SUV will go on sale sometime in mid-2019 and might be priced around Rs 30 lakh range. Once launched in India, the MG Hector SUV will rival the likes of the Honda CR-V and the Hyundai Tucson in the market.