- 40 min ago 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-Litre TSI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.49 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2020 Skoda Superb Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 29.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago TVS Employees Take Pay Cut For Six Months Due To Covid-19 Pandemic: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago MG Hector Plus Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News COVID-19: With no hearse helper, sons don PPEs to cremate dad
- Technology Huawei P40 Pro Plus Set For First Sale Starting June 6
- Travel June 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Movies Sonu Sood Gives Epic Reply To Fan Who Asked The Actor To Reunite Him With Girlfriend In Bihar!
- Lifestyle When Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor, And Parineeti Chopra Gave Us A Picture-Perfect Look In Lehengas
- Sports Augusto Fernandez: I didn't go to China from Atletico for the football
- Finance Avenue Supermarts Locked In 5% Lower Circuit: Here’s Why?
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motors is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market. Its first product will be the Hector SUV, which is expected to go on sale in India by mid-2019. Ahead of its launch, MG Motors already put out a teaser showcasing the Hector SUV.
Now, Autocar India has confirmed that the petrol-powered engine on the Hector SUV will be mated to a six-speed dual-clutch gearbox; developed in-house by MG-SAIC. The petrol engine itself will be in the form of a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit. There will also be a 2.0-litre diesel unit on offer, along with the petrol engine. Exact power figures of either of the engines are yet to be officially confirmed, however, it should be in the same range as its competitors — here are all the details of MG Motors India strategy.
Note: Image used for representational purpose only.
This makes the MG MG Hector the second petrol-powered SUV to offer a dual-clutch transmission; after the Jeep Compass. The six-speed dual-clutch gearbox on the Hector will be offered alongside a standard six-speed manual transmission as well.
The six-speed dual-clutch gearbox is said to come with a 'Sport' mode, as well as paddle shifters as standard. Reports also suggest that the automatic transmission on the Hector has been globally tested for over 2.6 million kilometres.
The MG Hector SUV has already been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. The upcoming SUV offering from the British-origin automotive brand will come packed with a number of features and equipment. One of the main features being a 10.4-inch portrait-oriented touchscreen infotainment system — the largest in India.
Another standout feature on the upcoming MG Hector is the panoramic sunroof, which is said to be the largest in its class. Other features expected on the upcoming MG SUV: 360-degree surround view camera, Harman Infinity surround sound system with four speakers, four tweeters and a subwoofer, steering-mounted audio controls, six-way power-adjustable driver seats, push-button start,tyre pressure monitoring system, cruise control and keyless entry to name a few.
MG Motors recently opened up its first corporate office in Gurugram, NCR. The MG corporate office will also house their flagship showroom on the ground floor, along with a merchandise store as well.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Automatic Transmission
MG Motor India is all set to introduce its first product in the market. The MG Hector SUV will go on sale sometime in mid-2019 and might be priced around Rs 30 lakh range. Once launched in India, the MG Hector SUV will rival the likes of the Honda CR-V and the Hyundai Tucson in the market.