- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 6 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 7 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup: Warner, Smith booed by crowd in warm-up match against England
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
MG Motor India recently unveiled their upcoming Hector SUV in India. The five-seater MG Hector will be the first product from the SIAC-owned brand in the Indian market. The MG Hector is scheduled to launch in the market sometime in June, with bookings starting during the first-week.
Now, Autocar India has reported that MG is said to be working on introducing a seven-seater variant of the Hector in the market as well. The new MG Hector seven-seater variant has been confirmed for India and is said to go on sale by early-2020.
MG will introduce a third-row of seats on the Hector, although it is yet to be confirmed if the new variant will be offered as a seven or eight-seater. The MG Hector comes with large dimensions, which definitely allow for the addition of a third-row.
The MG Hector unveiled recently comes with a largest-in-segment boot space of 587-litres. This easily allows for the addition of a third-row, without making any major changes to the Hector. The seven-seater variant of the MG Hector will be based on the Baujon 530 SUV, which is already available in the Chinese market.
Rajeev Chaba, MD & CEO, MG Motor India, told Autocar India, "Technically, we cannot call it a 7- or 8-seater due to its dimensions, but the Hector will get a third row of seats and that should come around the same time as the BS6 emission norms come into effect."
MG Motors unveiled the Hector SUV in India yesterday. The Hector comes with large overall dimensions measuring 4,655mm in length, 1,835mm in width and 1,760mm in height. It also comes with a wheelbase of 2,750mm and has a ground clearance of 192mm.
The MG Hector once launched in the Indian market, will be available with a choice of two engines: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 141bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 168bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engine will come mated to a six-speed manual transmission while the petrol also get the optional dual-clutch automatic gearbox as well.
The petrol engine will additionally also come with a 48v hybrid motor on the top-spec variant of the Hector; mated to the manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Seven-Seater SUV
The MG Hector seven-seater SUV will be one among the four new models, scheduled for the Indian market. It will be priced slightly higher than the five-seater Hector SUV at around Rs 25 lakh. Once launched in India, the MG Hector seven-seater will take on the likes of the Tata Cassini (upcoming seven-seater variant of the Harrier), Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Skoda Kodiaq.