- 23 min ago Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo: Are Dealers Installing New Touchscreens?
- 1 hr ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 1 hr ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- Movies Dil Bechara Title Song: Sushant Singh Rajput Brightens Our Day With One Dance Step At A Time!
- Finance People's Bank Of China Divest Stake In HDFC In June Qtr
- News The rise and fall of History-sheeter Vikas Dubey: 62 criminal cases, including 5 murder
- Sports Lockdown days: Sharmila Devi wants to make a difference to Team India once hockey resumes
- Technology Samsung Might Not Bundle Charger With Smartphones From 2021
- Lifestyle Juvenile Rheumatoid Idiopathic Arthritis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor India has achieved a new milestone in the Indian market. According to reports from Rushlane, the Hector SUV has crossed a production milestone of 10,000 units in India. The company has announced at the start of September that they have produced 5,000 units of the SUV.
However, now the company has managed to produce another 5,000 units in the span of 1.5 months. This means that the company took about 3 months to produce the first 5,000 units of Hector.
At the time of launch, company's Baroda manufacturing plant in Gujarat produced 1,500 units of the SUV monthly. But due to the huge demand, production has been increased to 3,000 units per month. The company also aims to increase the production even further to reduce Hector's waiting period.
MG Motors has already accepted 40,000 bookings of the Hector SUV and has delivered 6,000 units to the Indian customers. MG Hector is priced between Rs 12.48 lakh to Rs 17.27 lakh ex-showroom (India).
The MG Hector SUV is offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. The petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which will offer better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
The SUV also features MG's ‘i-Smart' internet connectivity with a 10.4-inch vertically oriented touchscreen infotainment system to mimic the layout of a smartphone. With internet connectivity owners can control various aspects of the SUV through a smartphone application. This includes AC, sunroof, tailgate and door operations.
The Hector SUV is also the country's first AI enabled vehicle. Owners can speak to the on-board voice assistant to control the SUV, with over 100 voice commands enabled. The SUV also features geo-fencing, emergency call assistance, a button to contact a call center for general assistance and a premium Gaana account preloaded offering a wide variety of music to choose from.
The safety net on the SUV includes six airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control System (TCS), 360 degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD and more.
In other news, MG motors is gearing up to introduce their second product to the Indian market after the Hector SUV. Called the eZS, will be MG's electric SUV to the market and will rival the Hyundai Kona. Ahead of the launch company is taking various measures to provide maximum support to the eZS buyers in India — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone
MG Motor has increased their production at the right time around the festive season. The customers who have been waiting for their SUV to arrive, is sure to be happy with production numbers increasing. With 40,000 bookings of the Hector SUV, MG has a lot of catching up to do.