- 13 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan: Here Is A Major Update On The Mani Ratnam Project!
- Sports Sullivan enjoys home comforts at English Championship
- News Kerala plane crash: 14 passengers critical; probe under way to determine exact cause
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced the BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine on the WagonR hatchback in the Indian market. The new Maruti WagonR 1.0-litre BS6 engine is now offered with a starting price of Rs 4.42 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This is around Rs 8,000 more than the older BS-IV compliant engine variants.
The 1.0-litre engine is available on all variants of the Maruti WagonR, expect the top-spec VXi+. This includes LXi, LXi (O), VXi, VXi (O), VXi AGS and VXi (O) AGS. Prices for the new BS-VI compliant engine vary from Rs 4.42 lakh for the base LXi spec to Rs 5.41 lakh on the VXi (O) AGS. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
In terms of engine specifications of the BS6-compliant petrol unit on the Maruti WagonR. It still offers the same power output and torque figures, with little to no changes.
The Maruti WagonR comes with a 998cc three-cylinder petrol engine producing 67bhp and 90Nm of torque; mated to either a standard five-speed manual or the optional four-speed automatic transmission unit.
This is the same engine, which also powers the recently launched S-Presso hatchback in the Indian market. Apart from the 1.0-litre engine, the Maruti WagonR also comes powered by a larger 1.2-litre petrol unit. This engine is already compliant with the BS-VI emission norms.
The larger 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine produces a slightly higher power output of 82bhp and 114Nm of peak torque. This engine is also mated to the same five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the automatic (AMT) transmission offered as optional.
Apart from the addition of the BS6-compliant petrol engine, no other changes are made to the tallboy hatchback offering. The Maruti WagonR continues to offer all the same features and equipment, with no additions.
The Maruti WagonR is among the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market. The car was launched in India quite a while back and is currently in its third-generation iteration.
The WagonR consistently features in the best-selling car list every month. In October 2019, the Maruti WagonR registered 14,359 units of sales; positioned as the sixth best-selling car last month — here is the entire top-10 list.
Thoughts On The Maruti WagonR 1.0-litre BS-VI Engine
The Maruti WagonR is among the popular offerings from the brand in the Indian market. The peppy engine, a long list of features and the tallboy design, makes it a very attractive offering. The Maruti WagonR competes against the likes of the Hyundai Santro in India.