- 39 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift To Get Four Airbags, Sunroof & New Petrol Engine
- 1 hr ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk Launched In India — Priced At Rs 26.8 Lakh
- 1 hr ago CF Moto Readies Four Motorcycles For July 2019 Launch — The Chinese Invasion
- 1 hr ago Kia Seltos’ Specifications, Dimensions & Other Details Revealed
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- News Gurmeet Ram Rahim's parole unlikely despite Haryana govt’s support: Report
- Lifestyle 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Mustard Seeds, Nutrition And Recipes
- Finance Trent Shares Hit Record High On Fund Raising Plan
- Technology OnePlus To Launch A New Phone In India On Amazon Prime Day 2019
- Movies Kalank To Be Released On Amazon Prime; Here's When You Can Watch This Movie On Digital Platform!
- Sports ICC WC 2019: India vs West Indies: 4 memorable moments: 1983 triumph to More's six
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki launched the segment-leading Vitara Brezza back in July 2016. With a starting price of Rs 7.67 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the Maruti Vitara Brezza is the most popular sub-four-metre compact-SUV sold in India. Now, the company shares that the sales figures of the Vitara Brezza have crossed four lakh in just three years.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is leaps ahead of its competitors in terms of sales, with a market share of more than 44 per cent. The latest list of top-selling cars in India shows that it has a significant sales gap between its closest rival the SUV market, the Hyundai Creta.
However, all eyes are on the all-new Mahindra XUV300; the latest entrant in the highly-competitive sub-four-metre compact-SUV segment in the Indian automotive market. You can check out our brief comparison between the XUV300 and Vitara Brezza to know some important facts and figures.
We have already driven the Mahindra XUV300 and were really impressed by what it offers in a value-for-money package. It is arguably the best compact-SUV you can buy today. We recommend you check out our detailed Mahindra XUV300 review to know the vehicle inside-out.
Coming back to the Vitara Brezza, the compact-SUV managed to attain one lakh sales in just 12 months; two lakh in 20 months; three lakh in 28 months and now, four lakh units in 35 months. It is worth noting that the Maruti Brezza is sold only in a diesel format while its competitors are available in both petrol and diesel avatars. The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol variant is one of the most awaited vehicles as of now.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is powered by a 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine that makes 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. This is mated to a five-speed manual or its respective AMT unit which drives the front wheels.
With prices ranging from Rs 7.67 lakh to Rs 10.64 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza mainly rivals the Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Honda WR-V and of course, the Mahindra XUV300. In other news, the Vitara Brezza will debut with a Toyota badge as well — here's what you need to know.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza's Sales Performance
The Vitara Brezza is certainly a good offering on the market, but probably not the best choice you have. Compared to some of its competitors, the Brezza feels a bit under-equipped in terms of both safety and comfort features. However, Maruti Suzuki has a strong brand image among the wider Indian mass and that is what often counts.