- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Akshay Kumar Does Not Want The ‘Action Hero’ Tag, Is Comfortable Acting In All Genres
- News Govt has cancelled Nithyananda's passport
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Chahar gets rid of Simmons early
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Maruti Suzuki launched the Vitara Brezza in the Indian market back in 2016. The Vitara Brezza quickly rose to become the best-selling SUV in the country for a while. However, the car till now has been offered with only the diesel engine option only.
Now, according to Autocar India Maruti Suzuki have confirmed that they will introduce the petrol version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza in February 2020. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol is expected to launch in India during the 2020 Auto Expo.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol is expected to come with the BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre K15 series engine. This engine recently debuted on the Ertiga MPV in the Indian market and produces the same power output of 104bhp and 138Nm of torque.
The Vitara Brezza petrol with the 1.5-litre BS-VI engine will be mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Maruti Suzuki will also introduce the Vitara Brezza petrol with their Smart Hybrid technology feature, which will further help improve the overall efficiency of the engine. However, with the 1.5-litre engine, the Maruti Vitara Brezza will no longer receive an exemption of excise duties — something offered to only sub-4 metre cars with engine capacities lower than 1200cc.
Another important aspect which is yet to be confirmed is whether Maruti Suzuki will bring in any sort of cosmetic updates on the petrol version of the Vitara Brezza.
Currently, there is no information regarding any updates or facelifts offered with the petrol variant. However, considering the car will be four years old at the upcoming expo, the company could bring in a few updates.
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been the top-selling SUV in the country consistently for years together. However, over the last couple of months the sales of the Vitara Brezza have drastically reduced mainly due to the introduction of a number of competitors in the segment including the Mahindra XUV300 and the Hyundai Venue.
Thoughts On The Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol has been in the pipeline for quite a long time. The launch of the petrol-powered Vitara Brezza has been doing the rounds for over a year now. We finally might receive the new variant at the upcoming Auto Expo. Maruti Suzuki will also be hoping that the petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza will help them get back on track and regain the lost position in the Indian market.