- 1 hr ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 2 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 5 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Sports Gaurav Gill's car involved in accident, three people dead
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Movies Karan Johar Takes Responsibility For Kalank’s Failure; 'It Failed Because We Gave Something Wrong'
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The all-new Maruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV was launched a couple of days ago and the company says they have already received 2,000 bookings for the new vehicle. Bookings officially started on 9 August for a token amount of Rs 11,000.
The new six-seater MPV is available with a BS-VI ready 1.5-litre petrol SHVS engine that produces 103bhp of power and 138Nm of torque. The vehicle is available with a five-speed manual and a four-speed automatic transmission options.
The all-new Maruti Suzuki XL6 is based on the Ertiga MPV and features the company's global design language. Design elements that differentiate it from the Ertiga are the new grille with a bold cross-bar design element, signature quad LED headlamps, LED DRLs, a distant hood, all black alloys, side claddings, roof rails, and tail lamps with an LED light guide.
The interiors of the just launched XL6 are finished in all-black with stone and silver highlights. The Maruti XL6 features a wide instrument panel, a 7.0-inch SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system that is smartphone compatible, a leather wrapped flat bottom steering wheel, steering mounted controls, leather upholstery, rear AC bents, ventilated cup holders, and an overhead console.
The Maruti XL6 features reclining third-row seating and captain seats in the second-row. Safety features on the MPV include dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchorages, reverse parking sensors, a high speed warning alert, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, ABS with EBS, ESP, and a hill hold function.
Maruti Suzuki has priced the new XL6 between Rs 9.79 lakh, and Rs 11.46 lakh (ex-showroom, India). To know more in depth about the XL6, click here.
Thoughts About The 2,000 Units Booked
We find it interesting that Maruti has managed just 2,000 bookings for the XL6. Compare that with booking numbers from the also recently launched KIA Seltos and there's a difference of 30,000. We know the company has invested a lot in research and development for the XL6, but they need to prime their marketing and advertising teams to step up. 2,000 units for a new car is rather poor.