- 27 min ago Miniature Royal Enfield Bullet With Electric Drivetrain Built By Man For His Son
- 1 hr ago New Mercedes-Benz GLE Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Gaurav Gill & Navigator Booked For INRC Accident At Jodhpur: State Government Orders Enquiry
- 3 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launched in India: Priced At Rs 8.63 Lakh
- Sports Madhav Apte: A Mumbai khadoos who never got bitter
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Transformation From Anand Kumar To War's Kabir Was Challenging For This Reason
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Prices Leaked Ahead Of Launch; Is It Cheapest 5G Phone Yet?
- Lifestyle Kim Kardashian And Kendall Jenner Might Have Inspired Memes But Their Gown Game Was On-Point
- News Kedarnath: Six passengers injured after UTair India helicopter crash-lands during take-off
- Finance Thomas Cook Group Collapse Not To Affect Thomas Cook India
- Travel Places To Visit In October In India
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross got a mid-cycle facelift in 2017, and that turned the tide for the car. According to AutoCarIndia, the S-Cross is likely to get the new 1.5-litre diesel engine from Suzuki. In order to close the gap in the S-Cross line-up, Maruti Suzuki is working on a petrol variant for the S-Cross. The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross petrol variant is expected to launch soon.
The petrol engine in question will be Suzuki's K15B engine that is already featured on the upgraded Ciaz and the second generation Ertiga. The engine produces 105hp of power and 138Nm of torque. The S-Cross petrol variant will also feature the Smart Vehicle Hybrid by Suzuki (SHVS) system, and a dual battery set-up.
The SHVS tech could help the S-Cross deliver impressive fuel economy. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission, but there is talks of a 4-speed automatic in the works. The 4-speed automatic transmission already features in some of Maruti Suzuki's products.
The S-Cross is available, in international markets with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The variants include a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol, a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.6-litre diesel engine. This is the first time the S-Cross will come with a naturally aspirated petrol engine.
Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross petrol variant will compete with the Hyundai Creta, the Nissan Kicks, and the Renault Captur. The S-Cross is expected to launch during the second half of this year. Prices and detailed specifications will be revealed closer to launch.
Currently, Maruti Suzuki offers the S-Cross that features a 1.3-litre in-line four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 80bhp of power @ 4,000rpm and 200Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The S-Cross diesel variant is available in four different trims - Sigma, Delta, Zeta, and Alpha.
Prices for the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross diesel variants range from Rs 8.85 lakh to Rs 11.48 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The S-Cross Petrol Variant
Well introducing a petrol variant will increase sales figures for the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross. A petrol variant will add more value to the S-Cross' portfolio. This is a smart move by Maruti Suzuki.