- 5 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Sacred Games 2: This Retro Photo Shoot Of The Cast Will Make Your Eyes Pop!
- News ‘Cheap publicity’: Kumaraswamy says fake letter being circulated on his resignation
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 Available At Rs. 1,000 Discount On Amazon
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Maruti Suzuki's next launch in the entry-level segment will be a small SUV named the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. This Micro SUV is expected to be the production version of the Maruti Suzuki Future-S concept that debuted at the last Auto Expo, and is expected to be launched during the festive season, Diwali.
Maruti Suzuki says that the all new S-Presso is not a replacement for the Alto, but is a more upmarket offering in the entry level segment. The S-Presso is likely to be powered by the company's entry-level 1.0 litre three-cylinder engine that produces 68bhp of power and 90Nm of torque. The engine is expected to be BS-VI compliant.
An AMT version is also on the offering. In order to appeal to younger buyers, the S-Presso will feature a segment-leading touchscreen infotainment system, possibly a SmartPlay Studio unit that debuted with the new WagonR, and customizable dual-tone exterior colour options. Prices are expected to be around the Rs 4.5 to Rs 5 lakh mark, ex-showroom (India).
This new small SUV is the second model to be completely developed in India, after the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. Spy shots capture the high bonnet line and boxy proportions, showing design influence from the Vitara Brezza. We assume Maruti Suzuki will launch the Micro SUV loaded with features.
Having said that, the overall shape stays true to the concept that was showcased. The high bonnet line and big grille add traditional SUV cues. The vehicle also features a stepped hatch, large angular halogen headlamp units, and a Baleno like set of tail lamps.
Thoughts About The All New Maruti Suzuki S-Presso
First off we really want to know who came up with that name, and who approved it. S-Presso. For real? The all new Maruti Suzuki, we think, looks like an 800 on steroids. Unfortunately we do not have any information about how spacious the vehicle is or what the ride quality is, but we know we will have more updates for you closer to launch, and definitely after the launch.
We hope the S-Presso does well for Maruti Suzuki. In the mean time, it's time for our regular sized, afternoon espresso!
Source: Economic Times