- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- 1 day ago MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- 1 day ago TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- 1 day ago Dakar 2020 Stage 12 Highlights: Ricky Brabec Wins The Rally
- Sports I was not as rusty as I had thought, says Sania after annexing Hobart title
- News Tihar jail seeks service of Pawan, hangman from Meerut, for execution of Nirbhaya convicts on Feb 1
- Technology Bad Weather Delays SpaceX Crew Dragon Escape Test
- Movies Shabana Azmi Rushed To Hospital After Being Injured In Car Accident On Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Lifestyle From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Maruti Suzuki's next launch in the entry-level segment will be a small SUV named the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. This Micro SUV is expected to be the production version of the Maruti Suzuki Future-S concept that debuted at the last Auto Expo, and is expected to be launched during the festive season, Diwali.
Maruti Suzuki says that the all new S-Presso is not a replacement for the Alto, but is a more upmarket offering in the entry level segment. The S-Presso is likely to be powered by the company's entry-level 1.0 litre three-cylinder engine that produces 68bhp of power and 90Nm of torque. The engine is expected to be BS-VI compliant.
An AMT version is also on the offering. In order to appeal to younger buyers, the S-Presso will feature a segment-leading touchscreen infotainment system, possibly a SmartPlay Studio unit that debuted with the new WagonR, and customizable dual-tone exterior colour options. Prices are expected to be around the Rs 4.5 to Rs 5 lakh mark, ex-showroom (India).
This new small SUV is the second model to be completely developed in India, after the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. Spy shots capture the high bonnet line and boxy proportions, showing design influence from the Vitara Brezza. We assume Maruti Suzuki will launch the Micro SUV loaded with features.
Having said that, the overall shape stays true to the concept that was showcased. The high bonnet line and big grille add traditional SUV cues. The vehicle also features a stepped hatch, large angular halogen headlamp units, and a Baleno like set of tail lamps.
Thoughts About The All New Maruti Suzuki S-Presso
First off we really want to know who came up with that name, and who approved it. S-Presso. For real? The all new Maruti Suzuki, we think, looks like an 800 on steroids. Unfortunately we do not have any information about how spacious the vehicle is or what the ride quality is, but we know we will have more updates for you closer to launch, and definitely after the launch.
We hope the S-Presso does well for Maruti Suzuki. In the mean time, it's time for our regular sized, afternoon espresso!
Source: Economic Times