- 26 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 3 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Movies Shashank Vyas Regrets Not Being In Touch With Late Actress Pratyusha Banerjee During Her Last Days
- Technology Nebula Launches Mars II Smart Portable Projector In India for Rs. 51,999
- News Rituals of Mahasaptami, significance of 'Nabapatrika' worship
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The new spy pics of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso have surfaced revealing its exterior design. New images by Autocar India, reveal the S-Presso completely undisguised. The S-Presso will go on sale in the Indian market on September 30th, 2019.
The upcoming S-Presso is a tall-riding hatchback with boxy design to support 4 occupants comfortably. The hatchback will be more compact than its direct rival the Renualt Kwid. The S-Presso is 59mm narrower, 114mm shorter, but is 86mm taller than the Kwid - here are more details.
The S-Presso's exterior sports blacked out bumpers on both ends, and a sleek-looking chrome grille inspired from the Vitara Brezza. Other design elements include bold crease lines, and flared wheel arches adding to the hatchback's sporty looks. The S-Presso will also feature 14-inch alloy wheels to compensate for the bigger wheel arches.
The Maruti S-Presso will feature a 1.0-litre petrol engine carried forward from the Alto K10, across all variants. However, the 1.0-litre engine on the hatchback will be BS-VI compliant producing 68bhp and 90Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a five-speed transmission, with an option of Maruti's (AGS) automatic transmission on higher variants. The all-new hatchback could also feature a 1.2-litre petrol engine and a CNG variant at some point in the future.
Interiors of the S-Presso will feature, the company's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system, centrally-mounted instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls; among others. The S-Presso will feature dual airbags, ABS+EBD, and other mandated safety equipment.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is based on the brand's ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto K10, which is one of the most popular hatchbacks in India.
We expect the S-Presso to have a slight higher pricing bracket than the Alto. The S-Presso when launched, will rival against the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift and the Datsun redi-GO.
Thoughts About The New Maruti S-Presso Spy Pics
The tall riding hatchbacks in India are being favoured for their roomier cabin over other entry-level conventional design hatchback. Maruti is hoping to regain their sales with the launch of S-Presso later this month, after a huge sale decline registered in previous months.