- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 2 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 Petrol & Diesel AWD Automatic Variants Discontinued: Here’s Why
- Movies Rambo Last Blood Movie Review: A Good Watch For Sylvester Stallone Fans
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif, Karishma Tanna And Others Gave Us Casual Fashion Goals At This Event
- Technology Chandrayaan 2 Vikram Landing Site Pictures Captured By NASA Orbiter; Time To Say Bye?
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RPSC junior legal officer recruitment 2019, 156 vacancies available
- Finance Eicher Motors Shares Jump 24%; Best Intraday Gain In 20 Years
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its latest product in the Indian market in the form of an all-new hatchback called the S-Presso. The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will go on sale in the Indian market on the 30th September 2019 and will be positioned above the Alto K10.
Now, a few weeks ahead of its launch in India, details regarding the upcoming Maruti S-Presso has been revealed. According to Autocar India, the new Maruti S-Presso hatchback will be a more compact offering than its direct rival, the Renault Kwid.
The new Maruti S-Presso is said to be 3565mm in length, 1520mm in width and 1564mm in height. It will also have a wheelbase 2380mm and a ground clearance of 180mm. Comparing this to the Renault Kwid, the S-Presso is 114mm shorter, 59mm narrower and 86mm taller than the Renault hatchback.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will also come with a 42mm shorter wheelbase, although the ground clearance is equal on both the hatchbacks. The new Maruti Suzuki hatchback will also come with larger 14-inch tyres, compared to the Renault Kwid's 13-inch wheels.
In terms of variants, the new Maruti S-Presso hatchback is said to be offered with four variants. All variants will come with a 1.0-litre petrol engine, carried forward from the Alto K10.
The 1.0-litre engine on the S-Presso will, however, be BS-VI compliant and produce 68bhp and 90Nm of torque. It will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the higher-spec variants receiving the optional AMT transmission as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is based on the brand's ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car will come with a tall SUV-like stance similar to the Renault Kwid. It will be offered with a host of features and equipment as well.
This includes all the mandatory safety equipment, the latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system from Maruti Suzuki, steering-mounted controls and a centrally-mounted instrument cluster; among a bunch of others as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto K10 in the Indian market. Although it will be priced at a slight premium, with an expected starting price of around Rs 3.5 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Details
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is the latest entrant in the brand's product lineup in India. The company which has been facing its worst ever sales decline, will be hoping that the new hatchback will help them improve in the market. Maruti Suzuki recently recorded a decline of 35 per cent in sales in the previous month of August 2019.