- 18 min ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 2 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Limited Time Subscription Offer Introduced During Festive Season
- News More meets on the cards before Indo-China disengagement takes place along LAC
- Movies Sonu Sood Reacts To Being Called A 'FRAUD' As Many Tweets Asking For Actor's Help Are Missing!
- Technology Human Fall Flat Game Download For Android: How To Download Human Fall Flat Game Free On Android
- Sports Devdutt Padikkal story: 'You are in the playing XI' When Virat Kohli left young RCB batsman nervous
- Finance Vodafone Idea Slips 7% On Reports That It May Need To Pay 10% AGR Dues By Mar
- Lifestyle To Fast Or Not To Fast! A Nutritionist’s View On Fasting, Its Benefits And Side Effects
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki launched the S-Presso in the Indian market recently. The new Maruti S-Presso is offered with a starting price of Rs 3.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The S-Presso rivals the likes of the Renault Kwid, which was also launched recently in the Indian market.
Recent sales reports suggest that Maruti Suzuki has dispatched 5,006 units of the S-Presso in the previous month. The Maruti S-Presso sales registered just over 5000 units in the Indian market, beating the sales of the Renault Kwid.
The newly launched Renault Kwid, however, registered just 2,995 units during the same period. The Renault Kwid comes with a host of updates, both in terms of cosmetic changes and added features and equipment.
The Maruti S-Presso, on the other hand, is a brand-new model from the company. The Maruti S-Presso is positioned above the Alto K10 in the Indian market. It features an upright design and a high ground clearance; giving it an SUV-ish stance.
|Rank||Models||September 2019||Septmeber 2018||Difference (%)|
The Maruti S-Presso sales at 5,006 units have placed it as the third best-selling entry-level hatchback in the Indian market. The S-Presso sits below the Alto and WagonR in the list of top-selling small cars in the Indian market.
The Renault Kwid is positioned lower down in the list at seventh position. With 2,995 units of sales registered, the Renault Kwid has recorded a 45% decline in the Indian market compared to September 2018.
However, considering the entire hatchback segment (entry-level, mid and premium), the Maruti S-Presso is positioned in the seventh position. Although, we do expect the sales of the S-Presso to grow in the coming months, especially with the ongoing festive season — here is the list of top-selling hatchbacks in India for September 2019.
The Maruti S-Presso is powered by a single 1.0-litre petrol engine. The 998cc three-cylinder unit has been borrowed from the Alto K10. However, Maruti Suzuki has updated the engine on the S-Presso to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
In terms of power output, the 1.0-litre engine churns out the same 67bhp and 90Nm of torque, mated to a five-speed manual. Maruti also offers the S-Presso with an AGS automatic gearbox as optional.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Sales Overtaking Its Rival
The Maruti S-Presso is based on the ‘Future-S' concept showcased by the brand at the 2018 Auto Expo. The S-Presso is the first mini-SUV offerings from the brand in the Indian market. The S-Presso offers a quirky design, which remains a subject of further discussion.