- 12 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 13 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 15 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- News It's a tie: Jury breaks rules, Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evarist share Booker prize 2019
- Technology Last Week Top Most Trending Smartphones: Realme X2 Pro, Oppo K5, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max And More
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Top-selling hatchbacks in India for September 2019. The list of the top-10 best-selling hatchbacks in the Indian market has been released. The list shows the Maruti Alto at the top position with the highest registered sales for the month of September.
The Maruti Alto is the best-selling hatchback in India for the month of September 2019. The entry-level model from Maruti Suzuki registered 15,079 units of sales last month.
The Alto is available in two versions: an 800cc and 1.0-litre (K10). Maruti Suzuki has updated the Alto 800 to comply with the BS-VI emission norms, while the Alto K10 is yet to receive the update.
Second on the list is the Maruti Swift, which has registered 12,934 units of sales in the previous month. The Maruti Swift is one of the more popular offerings from the brand, currently in its third-generation iteration which was launched during the 2018 Auto Expo.
The Maruti WagonR completes the top-three on the list. The Maruti WagonR has gone through a number of updates over the years, with the last being in 2018. The tall boy design of the hatchback has made it an extremely popular model in the market.
In September, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR registered 11,757 units of sales; positioning itself as the third best-selling hatchback in the previous month.
Fourth on the list is yet another Maruti Suzuki model. The Maruti Baleno positioned fourth on the list has registered 11,420 units of sales in September. The Baleno is a premium hatchback offering from the brand, sold exclusively through Maruti's NEXA dealerships.
The Hyundai Elite i20 finally breaks the Maruti Suzuki dominance in the list. The premium hatchback from the Korean carmaker is the brand's best-selling car in India. The company registered 10,141 units of sales of the Elite i20 in September; positioning it in fifth on the list.
|3||Maruti Wagon R||11757|
|5||Hyundai Elite i20||10141|
|6||Hyundai Grand i10||9358|
Moving to the bottom five cars on the list, the highlight is the presence of the Maruti S-Presso. The newest addition to the company's lineup was launched recently in the Indian market. The S-Presso has already managed to register 5,006 units, placing it in the seventh position.
This is just below the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS in sixth. The NIOS is also the latest hatchback offering from Hyundai and has managed to record 9,358 units in the previous month. Hyundai sells the NIOS version alongside the standard Grand i10 model in the market. The new Grand i10 NIOS comes with a host of updates, including added features and BS-VI compliant engine options.
The bottom three consist of the Maruti Celerio, Hyundai Santro and the Tata Tiago. The Maruti Celerio has registered 4,140 units of sales last month. The Hyundai Santro and Tata Tiago recorded 3,502 and 3,068 units of sales, respectively in September 2019.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Hatchbacks In India For September 2019
Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the sales in the hatchback segment, with the likes of the Alto, Swift and WagonR in the Indian market. The three models bring in consistent sales volume to the brand month-on-month.
Maruti recently launched the S-Presso as well, which has already entered the top-10 list, indicating it might also pose a threat to its competition in terms of monthly sales.