- 10 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 19 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- Finance Bengaluru May See A Rise In Office Rentals, Mumbai, NCR To Be Stable
- Sports MotoGP Yearender 2020: Nine different winners and a new champion!
- News Hyderabad: Nagarjuna Sagar MLA Nomula Narsimhaiah passes away
- Technology FAU-G Pre-Registration Is Live In India: How To Pre-Register On Google Play Store
- Movies Kollywood 2020: Top 5 Videos That Stole Our Hearts This Year!
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its brand-new hatchback, the S-Presso in the Indian market. The new Maruti S-Presso hatchback is set to go on sale in the Indian market on the 30th September.
Ahead of its launch, a number of details regarding the upcoming hatchback has been revealed. This includes its dimensions, variants, powertrain and features. Now, Autocar India reports that the new S-Presso hatchback will also be part of Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform.
This makes it the eighth model in the brand's lineup to be part of the lightweight, yet rigid architecture. Other models with the Heartect underpinnings include the Swift, Dzire, Baleno, Ignis, WagonR, Ertiga and the XL6.
The Maruti S-Presso is also the smallest model in the lineup to be part of the platform. The Heartect underpinnings offers models good levels of structural rigidity, allowing it to comply with the crash test norms. It also helps bring down the overall weight of the car.
The hatchback is said to weigh in at 726kg, making it lighter than the entry-level Alto 800. The car is also said to be 43kg lighter than the Alto K10 as well, however, its main rival the Renault Kwid is lighter, weighing in at just 699kg.
As reported previously, the Maruti S-Presso also comes in with compact dimensions. The car is said to be 3565mm in length, 1520mm in width and 1564mm in height. This makes the Renault Kwid 114mm longer, 59mm wider and 86mm shorter than the Maruti S-Presso. The upcoming Maruti hatchback also has a wheelbase 42mm shorter than the Renault Kwid.
The hatchback will be available in four variants: standard, LXi, VXi and VXi+. all variants of the Maruti S-Presso will come powered by the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine as on the Alto K10. This engine produces 68bhp and 90Nm of torque and will come mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional AMT transmissions as well.
The 1.0-litre engine on the Alto K10 is not yet upgraded to the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. However, Maruti will debut the BS-VI compliant version of the engine on the S-Presso.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Hatchback
The Maruti S-Presso is based on the ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car offers a tall SUV-ish stance, similar to its rival the Renault Kwid. With the launch scheduled for 30th September, we can expect Maruti to price the new hatchback in the range of Rs 3 lakh, ex-showroom.