- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 8 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 9 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its brand-new hatchback, the S-Presso in the Indian market. The new Maruti S-Presso hatchback is set to go on sale in the Indian market on the 30th September.
Ahead of its launch, a number of details regarding the upcoming hatchback has been revealed. This includes its dimensions, variants, powertrain and features. Now, Autocar India reports that the new S-Presso hatchback will also be part of Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform.
This makes it the eighth model in the brand's lineup to be part of the lightweight, yet rigid architecture. Other models with the Heartect underpinnings include the Swift, Dzire, Baleno, Ignis, WagonR, Ertiga and the XL6.
The Maruti S-Presso is also the smallest model in the lineup to be part of the platform. The Heartect underpinnings offers models good levels of structural rigidity, allowing it to comply with the crash test norms. It also helps bring down the overall weight of the car.
The hatchback is said to weigh in at 726kg, making it lighter than the entry-level Alto 800. The car is also said to be 43kg lighter than the Alto K10 as well, however, its main rival the Renault Kwid is lighter, weighing in at just 699kg.
As reported previously, the Maruti S-Presso also comes in with compact dimensions. The car is said to be 3565mm in length, 1520mm in width and 1564mm in height. This makes the Renault Kwid 114mm longer, 59mm wider and 86mm shorter than the Maruti S-Presso. The upcoming Maruti hatchback also has a wheelbase 42mm shorter than the Renault Kwid.
The hatchback will be available in four variants: standard, LXi, VXi and VXi+. all variants of the Maruti S-Presso will come powered by the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine as on the Alto K10. This engine produces 68bhp and 90Nm of torque and will come mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional AMT transmissions as well.
The 1.0-litre engine on the Alto K10 is not yet upgraded to the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. However, Maruti will debut the BS-VI compliant version of the engine on the S-Presso.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Hatchback
The Maruti S-Presso is based on the ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car offers a tall SUV-ish stance, similar to its rival the Renault Kwid. With the launch scheduled for 30th September, we can expect Maruti to price the new hatchback in the range of Rs 3 lakh, ex-showroom.