- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Indian auto manufacturer Maruti Suzuki, is gearing up to introduce a new CNG variant to their S-Presso hatchback. Ahead of the official announcement, the company is testing their S-Presso hatchback with a CNG engine in India.
The spy pics from Rushlane, reveal a current-gen model of the S-Presso hatchback equipped with emission equipment for testing the pollution coming out the BS-VI compliant CNG engine. The company has several CNG engine that is currently powering different models in the line-up.
Currently, the Alto 800, Alto K10, WagonR, Celerio and Ertiga are offered with CNG options from Maruti-Suzuki. However, we expect the company to offer the same 1.0-litre CNG engine powering the WagonR, Alto K10 and the Celerio, with the S-Presso hatchback.
Maruti Suzuki, had earlier confirmed that, they will look to offer a CNG option with all the small hatchback models in their line-up. This is to target a wider audience, looking for a fuel efficient alternative of the company's cars.
The 1.0-litre CNG engine produces a maximum power of 58.3bhp at 6000rpm, and a peak torque of 78Nm at 3500rpm. We expect the engine's power figure remain the same, after it is made BS-VI complaint from the company.
Alongside, the CNG engine Maruti is also said to be working on a more powerful engine for S-Presso hatchback. The tall-riding hatchback is expected to feature a bigger 1.2-litre engine offering more power and torque.
The S-Presso hatchback was launched in India on September 30, 2019, and has already made the headline of auto sales in the country. The hatchback has overtook the Vitara Brezza sales in October by registering 10,000+ units sold — here are more details.
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is available only with a BS-VI compliant three-cylinder 1.0-litre petrol engine. The engine produces 68bhp and 90Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or an automatic AGS transmission unit. The 1.0-litre BS-VI engine will soon be featured on the Alto K10 hatchback as well.
The hatchback has tall-riding stance, making it a micro-SUV. It features conventional headlamps with LED DRLs placed on the bumpers, and LED tail-lamps. The black colour body cladding, vertical front grille, 14-inch alloy, flared wheel arches, all add to the SUVish stance of the S-Presso hatchback.
On the inside, the hatchback features a centrally-mounted instrument cluster, with a seven-inch SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system, placed at the center of the dashboard. It also features a digital instrument cluster, coloured accents across the cabin and blacked-out interiors adding to the funky-looking interiors.
The S-Presso comes equipped with standard safety equipment. This includes, airbags, ABS with EBD, pedestrian safety, reverse parking sensor, seat-belt reminder, high-speed warning and more. Prices for the S-Presso starts at Rs 3.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Spied
Having a CNG variant of the hatchback will certainly give an advantage over its rivals, the Renault Kwid and the Datsun redi-GO. However, if the hatchback is launched with the 1.2-litre engine, it should attract more attention as the performance of the S-Presso will see a significant increase. The company is making sure all options are available for buyers searching for a car in the entry-level hatchback space.