- 10 min ago Suzuki Gixxer SF First Ride Review — Greatness Reborn
- 56 min ago Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 First Ride Review — It Could Just Save The 250cc Segment In India
- 16 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- Finance SEBI Allows Mutual Funds To Participate In Commodities Derivatives
- Movies Kajal Aggarwal Rubbishes The Hot Rumours That Have Been Doing The Rounds?
- Lifestyle Before Leaving Cannes Film Festival 2019, Diana Penty Gives Us A Textured Dress Goal
- Technology Amazon Huawei Week: Upto 20000 off, No EMI Cost, Exchange offer on smartphones
- News EC to meet today after Oppn demands verification of VVPAT slips
- Sports End of an era as Nicol David bows out
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its new Ignis facelift in the Indian market. According to reports, the new Maruti Ignis facelift is scheduled to go on sale sometime later this month (February-2019).
The new Maruti Ignis facelift will come with only minor cosmetic changes, mainly to offer the two-year-old model a fresh look and styling. The Ignis was first introduced in India back in 2017 and sold exclusively through the Indian carmaker's premium NEXA dealerships.
The entry-level NEXA offering in the Indian market will come with minor cosmetic updates such as a slightly updated front bumper, new customisation accessories and a few others. The Ignis will continue to offer LED headlamps with LED DRLs on the higher variants as well.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, there will not be any other updates. Interiors will remain pretty much unchanged, apart from the introduction of the new SmartPlay infotainment system; first seen on the all-new Wagon R.
However, most of the updates will be concentrated towards making the Maruti Ignis facelift ready for the upcoming safety and emission norms of April 2019-20. The new Ignis facelift will come with a number of additional safety features, including high-speed alert, seatbelt reminder system, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors and dual-airbags all as standard across variants.
Mechanically, the Maruti Ignis facelift will continue to be powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol engine, from the outgoing model. This engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT transmission as well.
Maruti Ignis was first also available in a diesel version, however, due to extremely low sales, the company discontinued the model last year. The facelift Ignis will continue to available in the same variants as before and sold exclusively through the NEXA dealerships.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ignis Facelift 2019
Maruti Suzuki first introduced the Ignis back in 2017. Since then, the Ignis hatchback has been performing well in the Indian market. With the much-required facelift version all set to launch, Maruti hopes to attract more customers towards the Ignis facelift with added features. Once launched in India, the new Maruti Ignis facelift will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10.