- 1 hr ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Recalls Over 40,000 Units Of The Wagon R In India Over Fuel-Hose Issue
- 5 hrs ago Rajiv Bajaj Speaks Against Job Cuts During Auto Industry Slowdown
- Movies Ranveer Singh Surprising A Fan At Her Home In London Will Melt Your Heart! READ
- News Delegation of opposition to visit J&K tomorrow: Reports
- Sports Exclusive! PKL 2019: Hope to give my best performance in home leg, says Dabang Delhi defender Vishal Mane
- Technology Nokia 7.2 Live Images Leak – Triple Rear Cameras And Dewdrop Notch Expected
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Finance China Announces New Tariffs On American Cars, Auto Parts
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its new Ignis facelift in the Indian market. According to reports, the new Maruti Ignis facelift is scheduled to go on sale sometime later this month (February-2019).
The new Maruti Ignis facelift will come with only minor cosmetic changes, mainly to offer the two-year-old model a fresh look and styling. The Ignis was first introduced in India back in 2017 and sold exclusively through the Indian carmaker's premium NEXA dealerships.
The entry-level NEXA offering in the Indian market will come with minor cosmetic updates such as a slightly updated front bumper, new customisation accessories and a few others. The Ignis will continue to offer LED headlamps with LED DRLs on the higher variants as well.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, there will not be any other updates. Interiors will remain pretty much unchanged, apart from the introduction of the new SmartPlay infotainment system; first seen on the all-new Wagon R.
However, most of the updates will be concentrated towards making the Maruti Ignis facelift ready for the upcoming safety and emission norms of April 2019-20. The new Ignis facelift will come with a number of additional safety features, including high-speed alert, seatbelt reminder system, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors and dual-airbags all as standard across variants.
Mechanically, the Maruti Ignis facelift will continue to be powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol engine, from the outgoing model. This engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT transmission as well.
Maruti Ignis was first also available in a diesel version, however, due to extremely low sales, the company discontinued the model last year. The facelift Ignis will continue to available in the same variants as before and sold exclusively through the NEXA dealerships.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ignis Facelift 2019
Maruti Suzuki first introduced the Ignis back in 2017. Since then, the Ignis hatchback has been performing well in the Indian market. With the much-required facelift version all set to launch, Maruti hopes to attract more customers towards the Ignis facelift with added features. Once launched in India, the new Maruti Ignis facelift will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10.