- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
According to Livemint, the second EV from Suzuki in India will be based on the popular Ertiga MPV. The new Maruti Ertiga electric is said to be offered with completely different dimensions, design and probably even a brand new name as well. However, reports did suggest that the plan for the second EV is still being finalised at this time.
Maruti Suzuki is trying hard to stay ahead of its competition in the electric mobility segment in India. Maruti Suzuki is currently testing out 50 prototypes of the Wagon R electric in the country. The electric Wagon R is being tested extensively in the market, under a number of different and extreme scenarios.
Apart from the launch of the Maruti Wagon R electric and now the Ertiga electric; the company is also working on setting up a lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat. However, its rivals Tata Motors also recently announced their plans to set up a similar lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat as well.
Maruti Suzuki launched the second-generation Ertiga MPV in the country, earlier this year. Since then, the Maruti Ertiga has performed extremely well in the market, leading the MPV segment in sales. The success of the multi-purpose vehicle in the Indian market is one of the main reasons for Maruti selecting it as their next EV.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is currently available in both petrol and diesel engine options. This includes 1.5-litre petrol, 1.3-litre diesel and a 1.5-litre diesel as well. Maruti also offers a range of transmission options as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is available with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The company is currently also preparing to introduce a more premium six-seater version of the Ertiga MPV in the Indian market. The new premium Ertiga is scheduled to go on sale from the 21st of August this year.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga Electric
Maruti Suzuki is planning for an aggressive strategy towards the electric vehicle segment in the Indian market. With the electric Wagon R scheduled to launch in India in 2020, we can expect the electric Ertiga MPV to arrive in the market sometime at a later stage, probably even 2021. However, Maruti Suzuki is yet to announce anything officially.