- 8 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 22 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- News Modi, Yediyurappa govts have launched diabolical attack on the lives of farmers: Surjewala
- Sports IPL 2020: Sunrisers Hyderabad's Kane Williamson confirms availability for next match
- Movies Aditya Chopra Unveils A Special Logo That Commemorates 50 Years Of Yash Raj Films!
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
According to Livemint, the second EV from Suzuki in India will be based on the popular Ertiga MPV. The new Maruti Ertiga electric is said to be offered with completely different dimensions, design and probably even a brand new name as well. However, reports did suggest that the plan for the second EV is still being finalised at this time.
Maruti Suzuki is trying hard to stay ahead of its competition in the electric mobility segment in India. Maruti Suzuki is currently testing out 50 prototypes of the Wagon R electric in the country. The electric Wagon R is being tested extensively in the market, under a number of different and extreme scenarios.
Apart from the launch of the Maruti Wagon R electric and now the Ertiga electric; the company is also working on setting up a lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat. However, its rivals Tata Motors also recently announced their plans to set up a similar lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat as well.
Maruti Suzuki launched the second-generation Ertiga MPV in the country, earlier this year. Since then, the Maruti Ertiga has performed extremely well in the market, leading the MPV segment in sales. The success of the multi-purpose vehicle in the Indian market is one of the main reasons for Maruti selecting it as their next EV.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is currently available in both petrol and diesel engine options. This includes 1.5-litre petrol, 1.3-litre diesel and a 1.5-litre diesel as well. Maruti also offers a range of transmission options as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is available with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The company is currently also preparing to introduce a more premium six-seater version of the Ertiga MPV in the Indian market. The new premium Ertiga is scheduled to go on sale from the 21st of August this year.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga Electric
Maruti Suzuki is planning for an aggressive strategy towards the electric vehicle segment in the Indian market. With the electric Wagon R scheduled to launch in India in 2020, we can expect the electric Ertiga MPV to arrive in the market sometime at a later stage, probably even 2021. However, Maruti Suzuki is yet to announce anything officially.