- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- News French trading colony in WB, Chandannagar set to get facelift
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Movies iSmart Shankar Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download; Will Collections Be Affected?
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Technology Google To Boost Pixel 4 Smartphone Series With 6GB Of RAM
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Maruti Suzuki has confirmed the launch of a new premium MPV offering in the Indian market. The new premium Maruti MPV will be based on the Ertiga and will be available exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealerships.
According to Overdrive, the new premium Ertiga-based MPV will go on sale in India on the 21st of August. The premium MPV will be based on the same Heartect platform which underpins not only the Ertiga, but also the Swift, Baleno and the Dzire offerings from the brand.
The new premium Maruti Suzuki MPV is expected to be a six-seater offering, with individual captain seats in the second row. It will come with a more plush and upmarket cabin, including a premium dash layout along with a host of additional features and safety equipment as well.
In terms of design, the new Maruti MPV might be similar to the Ertiga, however, it will come with a more aggressive design. It will be positioned as a completely different model and might even receive a different name altogether. The new MPV has been spied a number of times and will finally go on sale next month.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti MPV is said to receive the 1.5-litre 'K15B-series' petrol engine, which first debuted on the Ciaz. The engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Maruti might also offer a mild-hybrid version of the petrol engine on the new MPV.
The new premium Maruti MPV will be sold in the brand's Nexa dealerships, alongside the likes of the S-Cross, Baleno and the Ignis. Service of the new MPV will also be handled by the premium dealership network as well.
Thoughts On the New Premium Maruti Ertiga-Based MPV
Maruti Suzuki has been witnessing a slump in sales in the Indian market continuously for months now. However, the Maruti Ertiga has been doing performing decently in the MPV segment, taking on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo.
The new premium MPV is expected to improve sales of the brand, as well as that of Nexa. The new premium Maruti MPV once launched will be priced slightly higher than the Ertiga, at around Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.