- 13 hrs ago Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- 15 hrs ago Traffic Fines In Bangalore Reduced: State Government Announces Revised Fines Under New MVA
- 17 hrs ago Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019: Renault Triber Enters Top-5 While Maruti Ertiga Leads
- 1 day ago Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Finance Gold Prices Correcting From Record Highs Of Rs. 40000/10gms: This Can Be Your Strategy
- Technology Week 38, 2019 Launch Roundup: Vivo V17 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 30, Nokia 7.2, Vivo NEX 3 And
- News IN PICS: Modi-Trump bonhomie @ ‘Howdy Modi'
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Is Rock Steady At First Place; Shakti Out Of TRP Race
- Sports Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: Joy of six for Klopp's men
- Lifestyle Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Maruti Suzuki has confirmed the launch of a new premium MPV offering in the Indian market. The new premium Maruti MPV will be based on the Ertiga and will be available exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealerships.
According to Overdrive, the new premium Ertiga-based MPV will go on sale in India on the 21st of August. The premium MPV will be based on the same Heartect platform which underpins not only the Ertiga, but also the Swift, Baleno and the Dzire offerings from the brand.
The new premium Maruti Suzuki MPV is expected to be a six-seater offering, with individual captain seats in the second row. It will come with a more plush and upmarket cabin, including a premium dash layout along with a host of additional features and safety equipment as well.
In terms of design, the new Maruti MPV might be similar to the Ertiga, however, it will come with a more aggressive design. It will be positioned as a completely different model and might even receive a different name altogether. The new MPV has been spied a number of times and will finally go on sale next month.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti MPV is said to receive the 1.5-litre 'K15B-series' petrol engine, which first debuted on the Ciaz. The engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Maruti might also offer a mild-hybrid version of the petrol engine on the new MPV.
The new premium Maruti MPV will be sold in the brand's Nexa dealerships, alongside the likes of the S-Cross, Baleno and the Ignis. Service of the new MPV will also be handled by the premium dealership network as well.
Thoughts On the New Premium Maruti Ertiga-Based MPV
Maruti Suzuki has been witnessing a slump in sales in the Indian market continuously for months now. However, the Maruti Ertiga has been doing performing decently in the MPV segment, taking on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo.
The new premium MPV is expected to improve sales of the brand, as well as that of Nexa. The new premium Maruti MPV once launched will be priced slightly higher than the Ertiga, at around Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.