- 10 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 11 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
Maruti Suzuki has confirmed the launch of a new premium MPV offering in the Indian market. The new premium Maruti MPV will be based on the Ertiga and will be available exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealerships.
According to Overdrive, the new premium Ertiga-based MPV will go on sale in India on the 21st of August. The premium MPV will be based on the same Heartect platform which underpins not only the Ertiga, but also the Swift, Baleno and the Dzire offerings from the brand.
The new premium Maruti Suzuki MPV is expected to be a six-seater offering, with individual captain seats in the second row. It will come with a more plush and upmarket cabin, including a premium dash layout along with a host of additional features and safety equipment as well.
In terms of design, the new Maruti MPV might be similar to the Ertiga, however, it will come with a more aggressive design. It will be positioned as a completely different model and might even receive a different name altogether. The new MPV has been spied a number of times and will finally go on sale next month.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti MPV is said to receive the 1.5-litre 'K15B-series' petrol engine, which first debuted on the Ciaz. The engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Maruti might also offer a mild-hybrid version of the petrol engine on the new MPV.
The new premium Maruti MPV will be sold in the brand's Nexa dealerships, alongside the likes of the S-Cross, Baleno and the Ignis. Service of the new MPV will also be handled by the premium dealership network as well.
Thoughts On the New Premium Maruti Ertiga-Based MPV
Maruti Suzuki has been witnessing a slump in sales in the Indian market continuously for months now. However, the Maruti Ertiga has been doing performing decently in the MPV segment, taking on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo.
The new premium MPV is expected to improve sales of the brand, as well as that of Nexa. The new premium Maruti MPV once launched will be priced slightly higher than the Ertiga, at around Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.