- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Ertiga CNG in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ertiga CNG variant is priced at Rs 8.87 lakh for private customers. The company has also introduced the 'Tour M' variant of the Ertiga CNG for taxi and fleet operators; priced at Rs 8.82 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Maruti Ertiga CNG is the first MPV in the country to be offered with a factory-fitted CNG technology. The Ertiga CNG is based on the new model launched in India in November 2018.
Both the Maruti Ertiga CNG variants will be powered by the same 1.5-litre engine producing 91bhp at 6000rpm and 122Nm of torque at 4400rpm. It will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Maruti Suzuki claims a fuel efficiency figure of 26.2km/kg.
In comparison, the standard model is powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission.
The Ertiga CNG will be available in a single ‘Vxi' variant from the model line-up. It will come with a host of features including engine immobilizer, remote central locking, fabric seats, dual-tone cabin, steering mounted controls, analog instrument cluster with a MID screen at the centre, brake assist, ABS with EBD, child lock rear door and parking sensors at the front and rear.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG will be available in a range of five colour choices: White, Silver, Magma Grey, Red and Blue. The Ertiga CNG ‘Tour M' variant will receive just three paint scheme options: White, Silver and Black.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is among the most popular MPVs in the Indian market; registering close to 8000 units every month. This is almost double the sales volume of the old generation model.
The new Ertiga MPV is based on the brand's Heartect platform. This allows the new Ertiga to be lighter, stronger and have larger overall dimensions than the previous generations. The increase in dimensions has also allowed for a more spacious cabin, which now feels more upmarket and premium.
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on introducing a new MPV in the market. This will be a premium six-seater MPV based on the Ertiga, likely to be called the XL6.
The new Maruti Suzuki XL6 will go on sale in India from the 21st of August and will be sold exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealerships. The car has been spotted testing multiple times ahead of its launch in the country — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is among the most popular MPVs in the Indian market. The car is sold through the Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms in the country. The car rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo. It will also take on the upcoming Renault Triber once launched in the country.