- 4 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Ertiga CNG in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ertiga CNG variant is priced at Rs 8.87 lakh for private customers. The company has also introduced the 'Tour M' variant of the Ertiga CNG for taxi and fleet operators; priced at Rs 8.82 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Maruti Ertiga CNG is the first MPV in the country to be offered with a factory-fitted CNG technology. The Ertiga CNG is based on the new model launched in India in November 2018.
Both the Maruti Ertiga CNG variants will be powered by the same 1.5-litre engine producing 91bhp at 6000rpm and 122Nm of torque at 4400rpm. It will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Maruti Suzuki claims a fuel efficiency figure of 26.2km/kg.
In comparison, the standard model is powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission.
The Ertiga CNG will be available in a single ‘Vxi' variant from the model line-up. It will come with a host of features including engine immobilizer, remote central locking, fabric seats, dual-tone cabin, steering mounted controls, analog instrument cluster with a MID screen at the centre, brake assist, ABS with EBD, child lock rear door and parking sensors at the front and rear.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG will be available in a range of five colour choices: White, Silver, Magma Grey, Red and Blue. The Ertiga CNG ‘Tour M' variant will receive just three paint scheme options: White, Silver and Black.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is among the most popular MPVs in the Indian market; registering close to 8000 units every month. This is almost double the sales volume of the old generation model.
The new Ertiga MPV is based on the brand's Heartect platform. This allows the new Ertiga to be lighter, stronger and have larger overall dimensions than the previous generations. The increase in dimensions has also allowed for a more spacious cabin, which now feels more upmarket and premium.
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on introducing a new MPV in the market. This will be a premium six-seater MPV based on the Ertiga, likely to be called the XL6.
The new Maruti Suzuki XL6 will go on sale in India from the 21st of August and will be sold exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealerships. The car has been spotted testing multiple times ahead of its launch in the country — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is among the most popular MPVs in the Indian market. The car is sold through the Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms in the country. The car rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo. It will also take on the upcoming Renault Triber once launched in the country.