- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli-led Indian side starting to seem like West Indies of 70s, says Srikkanth
- News Medical services suspended in various govt & private hospitals in Goa
- Movies Karan Singh Grover Is All Praise For Parth & Erica But Adds No One Can Touch Shweta Tiwari's Work!
- Technology Flipkart Mobiles Bonanza Sale – Offers On Realme 3, Asus ZenFone 5Z, Samsung Galaxy A50 And More
- Finance Home Equity Loan Or PF Funds For Lump Sum Fund Requirement
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki has updated the Celerio and Celerio X hatchbacks with more standard safety kit to help them comply with new safety norms. Prices for the new 2019 Celerio start at Rs 4.31 lakh, while the base Celerio X is priced at Rs 4.80 lakh (all prices mentioned are ex-showroom).
According to CarDekho, the new Maruti Celerio and Celerio X both receive new safety features as standard. These new safety features include a driver's side airbag, seatbelt monitors for both the driver and front passenger along with parking sensors at the rear end of the hatchbacks. Both the Celerio and Celerio X now also feature ABS as standard. The new safety upgrades mean that the Celerio twins comply with government norms on safety for vehicles on sale in the country.
The new upgrades also mean that Maruti has hiked the prices of both hatchbacks. Prices for the new Celerio are up by between Rs 3,000 to Rs 15,000 depending on the model chosen. Prices for the 2019 Celerio X cross hatch, on the other hand, have risen by between Rs 4,000 to Rs 13,000. The biggest changes in terms of price comes in the CNG variants of the Celerio where prices rise by Rs 15,000 for the VXI variant and Rs 7,000 for the VXI(O) model of the hatchback.
Mechanically, both cars remain unchanged. The 2019 Celerio twins are both powered by the same 3-cylinder, 998cc petrol engine that produces 67bhp at 6,000rpm and 90Nm of peak torque at 3,500rpm. The engine is paired either a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox and returns a mileage of 23.1km/l.
The regular Celerio can also run on CNG. However, the performance from the engine goes down when running on natural gas and it produces 59bhp at 6,000rpm and 78Nm of peak torque at 3,500rpm. The CNG Celerio is offered with only a 5-speed manual gearbox and returns a mileage of 31.79km/kg.
Both the Celerio and Celerio X also do not feature any cosmetic changes for the new 2019 model.