- 10 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 12 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra XUV300 electric confirmed for India. The all-electric Mahindra XUV300, codenamed S210, will launch in India in 2020 with a claimed range of up to 400km on a single charge. The plans for the Mahindra XUV300 electric was confirmed by Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra & Mahindra, on the sidelines of the XUV300 SUV launch which took place recently.
At the event, he stated that Mahindra will be bringing out a product in the electric vehicle space soon, which is expected to create a lot of excitement in the market. The new electric product (based on the XUV300) will have 380 volts with 200km range, with the option to increase it up to 350 - 400km, all at a competitive price point.
The XUV300 electric, codenamed the S210, will offer the exact styling as the regular IC-engine powered version. The electric SUV will be offered in two variant - Standard & Long Range. The Mahindra XUV300 electric, however, will come at a premium price point compared to the standard model, recently launched in India.
Mahindra has already partnered with LG Chem, to develop batteries for their electric vehicles. The Chinese company will supply Mahindra with unique cells for an India-specific application. The collaboration will also see Mahindra acquire high energy density Lithium-ion batteries as well.
Goenka also stated that the support from the government towards the shift to EVs is at an all-time high. Mahindra will work to support the government's initiatives towards the introduction of electric vehicles in the Indian market.
However, with the lack of charging infrastructure and no definitive policy towards EVs in India, there is not much progress taking place in the segment. Mahindra already has electric vehicles, such as the e-Verito and the Reva in the Indian market.
Also, the Mahindra XUV300 EV will not be the first electric SUV in India. Companies such as Hyundai and even Audi have confirmed the launch of their Kona and e-Tron electric SUV in India this year.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV300 Electric SUV In India
The Mahindra XUV300 electric will be the third EV from the Indian manufacturer in the country. The electric SUV will carry forward the exact design and styling from the standard XUV300 SUV, including the features offered. The XUV300 has a price ranging between Rs 7.90 lakh to Rs 11.99 lakh, with the electric version priced higher. All prices are ex-showroom.