- 14 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu mocks exit polls, says most have gone wrong since 1999
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Movies Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shines Bright In A Metallic Yellow Gown On The Red Carpet!
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi Ups Her Cannes 2019 Fashion Closet With A Statement Floral Jumpsuit
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The new Mahindra XUV300 was launched at a compelling starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh ex-showroom (India). With a host of features, decent looks and high value for money, the Mahindra XUV300 has set a new benchmark in the compact-SUV market.
Many have doubts whether the XUV300 offers enough to throw the segment-leaders off the sales chart. Most importantly, many are confused whether it is the right choice to make. If it's not for you who is the Mahindra XUV300 meant for? — we explain.
We have already driven the XUV300 and were really impressed by the way it performed. Check out our detailed Mahindra XUV300 review to know every bit of the compact-SUV.
As mentioned before, the Mahindra XUV300 showcases an aggressive pricing strategy. The SUV surprisingly comes loaded to the brim for what you pay (which of course, is not a lot). Features such as two-zone climate control, sunroof, smartwatch connectivity, seven airbags, all-wheel disc brakes, etc., are really uncommon in its price range.
Hence, if you wish to have the best value in a vehicle regardless of how much you pay, look no further. You might also be interested in knowing these important facts and figures (top speed, tyre size, colours, etc.)
Regarding specifications, the Mahindra XUV300 comes powered by the best engine choices in its class. While the new 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine makes 110bhp and 200Nm of torque, the 1.5-litre diesel unit (the same which powers the Mahindra Marazzo MPV) produces 115bhp and a whopping 300Nm from as low as 1500rpm.
In comparison, all its diesel-powered rivals make an average torque of just 200Nm. This essentially makes the XUV300 a compact-SUV meant for spirited driving. To further validate this point, it comes with three steering modes as well: Comfort, Normal and Sport. In fact, even the official Mahindra XUV300 TVC does not have a stereotypical family theme, but is all about driving dynamics — watch the video here.
Being a Mahindra product, the XUV300 is a decent off-roader too; despite being a front-wheel-drive vehicle. At a ground clearance of 180mm, you needn't worry much about getting the underbody scratched. Furthermore, the suspension is tuned to provide the perfect balance between performance on the highway and comfort over broken roads.
Even though the XUV300 is under four metres in length to come within the tax reductions, there is enough cabin and luggage space for a vehicle with a five-passenger seating capacity. One major reason for this is its best-in-class wheelbase of 2600mm.
Overall, the Mahindra XUV300 has redefined the term, 'sub-four-metre compact-SUV'.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra XUV300
The Mahindra XUV300 is a clear winner which ticks a lot of boxes at a bargain. Still, there are two more things which the Indian majority is concerned about: mileage and safety. Mahindra has not shared the XUV300's official fuel economy figures yet and we expect it to be 'relatively' less since the output figures are considerably high. As for safety, crash tests will be conducted in the near future and we are very eager to see if it can take the title of being 'The Safest Indian Car' from the Tata Nexon.