- 4 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 5 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Amid political drama, Roshan Baig detained in IMA money laundering case
- Movies Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: 5 Times The Diva Won Our Hearts With Her Take On Love & Relationships!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra & Mahindra will launch the Thar Signature Edition to mark the end of production of the current generation Mahindra Thar. Rumor is that the Signature Edition will be a 'goodbye' to the current generation.
According to AutoCar India, The Mahindra Thar Signature Edition will be made available with the 2.5-litre CRDe (Common Rail Diesel engine) that will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The Signature Edition will get either a 140bhp or a 120bhp engine for now, and Mahindra plans to add a petrol variant in the future.
As part of the Signature Edition, the vehicle will feature black decals on the bonnet and a silver finish on the front bumper. It will also sport a 'Signature Edition' badge on the it's fender, along with Mr Anand Mahindra's signature. Mr Mahindra is the Chairman of the Mahindra Group. The vehicle will also feature five-spoke 15-inch alloy wheels. These wheels were seen on the Mahindra Scorpio and the Marksman.
The interiors of the Thar Signature Edition will feature more cabin space, forward facing rear seats, and custom made leatherette seat covers. ABS is offered as standard on the vehicle. We also expect the vehicle to offer good NVH levels, and Mahindra may add some Signature Edition features to set the off-roader apart from the regular Thar.
Mahindra will build only 700 units of the Thar Signature Edition and will offer only two colour options — Napoli Black, and Aqua Marine. We will have more details about pricing closer to launch but we expect the Thar Signature Edition to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
In addition to the Thar Signature Edition, Mahindra has been working on the second generation of the Thar. The vehicle is expected to be unveiled at the 2019 Auto Expo.
The current generation of the Mahindra Thar has been in production since 2010. The vehicle is available in three variants and five colours. Prices for the Thar range between Rs 6.72 lakh and Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Thar Signature Edition
We feel the Signature Edition Thar would be worth the wait for folk who love the Thar. The Signature Edition will most likely be feature rich, but just right to make one feel like they're inside of a rugged machine. We know how the engine performs but can't wait to look at this car in the flesh!