- 10 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- 12 hrs ago Ather Electric Scooters To Launch In Kozhikode During Phase 1 Sales Expansion
- 13 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS BS6 Delivery Timeline Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 15 hrs ago Kia Sonet Registers 25,000 Pre-Launch Bookings: Range-Topping GTX+ Receives Highest Demand
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2020: Upto 30% Offers On Laptops
- News Shopian encounter: Army finds ‘prima facie’ evidence against troops for misusing powers under AFSPA
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi To Join Kamal Haasan-Lokesh Kanagaraj Project?
- Finance RITES Announces Share Buyback Worth Up To Rs 257 Crore
- Sports Stuart Binny wife Mayanti Langer blessed with a baby boy, anchor reveals why she isn't participating in IPL 2020
- Education JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2020 Declared For B.Arch. & B. Planning
- Lifestyle 11 Best Homemade Face Masks For Acne
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mahindra & Mahindra will launch the Thar Signature Edition to mark the end of production of the current generation Mahindra Thar. Rumor is that the Signature Edition will be a 'goodbye' to the current generation.
According to AutoCar India, The Mahindra Thar Signature Edition will be made available with the 2.5-litre CRDe (Common Rail Diesel engine) that will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The Signature Edition will get either a 140bhp or a 120bhp engine for now, and Mahindra plans to add a petrol variant in the future.
As part of the Signature Edition, the vehicle will feature black decals on the bonnet and a silver finish on the front bumper. It will also sport a 'Signature Edition' badge on the it's fender, along with Mr Anand Mahindra's signature. Mr Mahindra is the Chairman of the Mahindra Group. The vehicle will also feature five-spoke 15-inch alloy wheels. These wheels were seen on the Mahindra Scorpio and the Marksman.
The interiors of the Thar Signature Edition will feature more cabin space, forward facing rear seats, and custom made leatherette seat covers. ABS is offered as standard on the vehicle. We also expect the vehicle to offer good NVH levels, and Mahindra may add some Signature Edition features to set the off-roader apart from the regular Thar.
Mahindra will build only 700 units of the Thar Signature Edition and will offer only two colour options — Napoli Black, and Aqua Marine. We will have more details about pricing closer to launch but we expect the Thar Signature Edition to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
In addition to the Thar Signature Edition, Mahindra has been working on the second generation of the Thar. The vehicle is expected to be unveiled at the 2019 Auto Expo.
The current generation of the Mahindra Thar has been in production since 2010. The vehicle is available in three variants and five colours. Prices for the Thar range between Rs 6.72 lakh and Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Thar Signature Edition
We feel the Signature Edition Thar would be worth the wait for folk who love the Thar. The Signature Edition will most likely be feature rich, but just right to make one feel like they're inside of a rugged machine. We know how the engine performs but can't wait to look at this car in the flesh!