- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Exports To Latin America, Africa & Asia Begins
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift Brochure Leaked: Will Arrive In Four Trims, Nine Colours
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Sales Milestone: Company Registers Over 5 Lakh Units In Collective Sales Of BS6 Units
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Electric Maxi Scooter To Debut At Auto Expo 2020: Details
- Movies Disha Patani On Working In Bollywood: 'I Think It Takes Time To Find The Right Script'
- News The importance of gunning down JeM terrorist Abu Saifullah alias Abu Qasim
- Finance Best 5 Tax Saving Options With Good Return For Risk-Averse Investors
- Technology Why You Should Choose An SSD To Amplify Performance Of Your Gaming Computer
- Sports Tough tasks await Barcelona and Real Madrid in derbi-packed La Liga weekend
- Lifestyle 12 Gestures Through Which You could Express Love For Your Partner
- Travel 7 Popular Indian Landmarks To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
It is a known fact that the current-gen Mahindra Thar is set to be discontinued and an all-new model will come out early in 2020. It is also known that Mahindra would be launching a final edition of the Thar before discontinuing production and it would be called the signature edition.
Images of the upcoming Signature Edition have been leaked and first impressions say that this is the royal goodbye that the Thar so well deserves. The images sourced by Autocar, have leaked a few details of the upcoming variant and it is quite premium for the segment.
Only 700 units of the Signature Edition will be produced and it will be made available in two exclusive colours — Napoli Black and Aqua Marine. It is to be noted that the Aqua Marine paint job is being offered on the Mahindra Thar for the very first time.
It was till now available in just five colours — Red Rage, Napoli Black, Mist Silver, Rocky Beige and Diamond White. Aqua Marine is a colour that is similar to deep royal blue, and this colour can be seen on the Mahindra Marazzo.
The Mahindra Thar Signature edition will ride on 15-inch, five-spoke alloy wheels that were first seen on the 2006 Mahindra Scorpio and is still being used on certain models including the Mahindra Marksman, hence proving its toughness.
It also features black-coloured decals on the bonnet and front bumper. Since it is a limited edition, Mahindra has decided to use badges. A special badge depicting an outline of the Mahindra Thar along with the signature of Anand Mahindra, the chairman of the Mahindra Group and the number '700' adorns the fenders of the Mahindra Thar Signature Edition.
The Signature Edition will be powered by the same 2.5-litre turbo-diesel engine as the standard Thar CRDe. It produces a maximum power output of 105bhp at 3,800rpm and a peak torque output of 247Nm between 1,800 and 2,000rpm.
A 5-speed manual gearbox drives all four wheels via a 4WD system with a low ratio gearbox. The Mahindra Thar features air-conditioning, power-steering, independent front suspension and ABS. However, the SUV does not meet the new, stringent safety norms.
The current model is based on a decades-old Mahindra formula. It is built on an old-school ladder frame chassis and the engine is also aging. It was time for Mahindra to bring the ne model into our market, and so it will, at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo.
The new model is expected to be powered by a modern diesel engine with output in the range of 120-140bhp. Mahindra is also said to be offering a petrol engine on the new model at a later stage, as emissions, fuel prices and a few other reasons are causing buyers to shift towards petrol-powered vehicles.
Thoughts On Mahindra Thar Signature Edition Images & Details Leaked
The Mahindra Thar is a venerable name in the Indian Auto Industry. This is a vehicle that has been appreciated by off-road enthusiasts from all over the world. However, the Mahindra Thar has its own limitations, primarily owing to its old-school design.
These will be solved once the update is launched. Alongside the new Mahindra Thar, Force Motors is also said to be launching the new Gurkha. With the arch-rivals being revealed at the same time, things should be interesting.