- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 7 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 9 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Jonas Is NOT Assam Tourism Brand Ambassador Anymore
- Technology Oppo K3 Official In India — New Rival To Redmi K20 And Realme X
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- News Samjahuta blast: Plea challenges acquittal of Aseemanand, 3 others
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
The new Mahindra Thar (2020 model) has been spied again in Coimbatore. Unlike the previous Mahindra Thar spy pics we've shared, the new set of images show the next-generation Thar way more clearly. From the leaked spy images, it is evident that the new 2020 Mahindra Thar is much bigger than the outgoing model.
The spy pics shared by TeamBHP shows the noticeably-wide, yet instantly-recognisable, proportions of the new Mahindra Thar model. The original Jeep CJ5-inspired design is still retained; plus the seven-slat grille, round headlamps and the unique turn signal placement.
Very conveniently, a Mahindra Xylo (now replaced by the new Marazzo MPV) happened to pass by the 2020 Mahindra Thar's side; allowing for a quick comparison of its size. As you can see, the Mahindra Thar is even bigger than the Xylo which is a decently-sized seven-seater.
At the rear, the wider tyres and wheel track can be observed. There is also some kind of device attached at the bottom. This could probably be an emission testing equipment to make sure that the new Thar meets the stringent pollution norms.
Compared to the current-generation model, the new Mahindra Thar is expected to have an improved BS-VI-compliant version of the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. The Thar is now available in two engine formats: 2.5-litre CRDe (105bhp/247Nm) and 2.6-litre Di (63bhp/195Nm).
If rumours are correct, the 2020 Mahindra Thar will sport a revised four-wheel-drive system (with locking differentials) and independent front suspension setup. The new Mahindra Thar might launch at Auto Expo 2020 for a price of around Rs 7 – 10 lakh ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar (2020)
The current Mahindra Thar model shares most of its components with the Mahindra Scorpio. However, the new Mahindra Thar has been developed entirely from the ground up, with enough inputs from customers and the brand's Mahindra Adventure division. If all goes well, we can expect a serious off-roader on the market soon. What do you think?