- 4 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Mahindra & Mahindra recently concluded its 163rd 'Great Escape Off-Roading Trophy Challenge' recently. The Mahindra Great Escape Off-Roading Trophy Challenge was held in Goa between the 24th and 25th of August 2019. The event witnessed a total of 19 SUVs participate in various categories of the off-roading challenge.
The event was flagged off from Regenta Resorts, Varca Beach in Goa. The event was a proper test for both man and machine held in Goa's popular off-road clubs. It was also the perfect platform for off-road enthusiasts to test their off-roading capabilities as well.
The event consists of four challenging and technical obstacles. This includes slippery inclines, navigating over rocks and crossing streams as well. It puts to test both the driver's capabilities and the ruggedness of the Mahindra SUVs to its limits.
The Mahindra Great Escape is held throughout the year. It was first conceptualised in 1996 as a non-competitive off-roading event for Mahindra customers. It was initially meant to test the strength and performance of the vehicles on tough off-road terrains.
However, over the years, the Great Escape has developed into a competition, with the winners of each leg participating for the grand finals. This will be held at Mahindra's Off-roading Academy at Igatpuri and the winner stands a chance to walk away with a brand new Thar, among others.
The event is held under the company's ‘Mahindra Adventures' umbrella brand. This is just one of the many events, the brand organises. It recently also held the TSD Monsoon Rally between Mangalore and Ooty — here is our experience from that event.
The Mahindra Great Escape Goa 2019 saw Ajith Kumar and Maithili Bhobe win the Off-Roading trophy for the modified and ladies category, respectively. These winners will get a fully paid trip by Mahindra Adventures to compete in the 2019-20 Off-Roading Trophy finals at Igatpuri next year.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Great Escape Goa 2019
The Mahindra Great Escape is held throughout the year in various parts of the country. The event is a great way for off-roading enthusiasts to test both their and the SUVs capabilities in tough terrains. The Mahindra Great Escape since its conception has become one of India's most thrilling off-road events and is a must-try for off-road enthusiasts.