- 1 hr ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 2 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 2 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Williamson’s match-winning innings proved he is New Zealand’s greatest ever player: Vettori
- News Not aware of any US plan to cap H-1B visas: India
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Movies Sanaya Irani, Barun Sobti & His Wife Pashmeen Are Friends Forever; These Pictures Are The Proof!
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Finance You Will Have To Provide Breakup On Interest Income In ITR-1 For FY 2018-19
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra has confirmed that they will be updating their rugged SUV offering, the Bolero soon. The 2019 Mahindra Bolero update will allow the SUV to comply with the upcoming stringent BS-VI and safety norms in India.
The Mahindra Bolero has been one of the most popular products in the company's lineup. The Bolero has been on sale in the Indian market for almost two decades and still manages to bring in volume sales, recording an average of 7,000 units per month.
However, with the upcoming emission and safety norms coming into effect, speculations regarding the future of the SUV had started doing the rounds. Mahindra put the speculation to rest, with Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra & Mahindra confirming that the Bolero will be updated in a recent interview with Livemint.
In terms of design, the updated Mahindra Bolero might feature a similar design as the current model. Although, the model will be refreshed with the brand's latest design language. Goenka, stated, "When a product reaches an iconic stage, then logic does not work. If you were to look at Bolero, which we launched in 2000 and we have done cosmetic changes."
He further added, "Styling and design, which was a breakthrough when we launched but now it is dated, but the product continues to do very well."
The upcoming update on the Mahindra Bolero will see the addition of a number of safety features and equipment. This includes ABS with EBD, dual airbags, high-speed alert, rear parking sensors and seatbelt reminder alert; among others.
Apart from the additional safety features, the update on the Mahindra Bolero SUV will also be made to comply with the latest crash test norms, which is scheduled to come into effect from October 2019.
In terms of mechanicals, the Bolero SUV will come with an updated BS-VI engine. Production of the new BS-VI compliant engine will begin from January 2020. Currently, the Mahindra Bolero is powered by a BS-IV compliant 2.5-litre m2diCR diesel engine producing 63bhp and 195Nm of torque, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. There is also a more powerful Bolero Power+ model featuring a 1.5-litre mHawkD70 diesel unit. This produces 71bhp and 195Nm of torque.
Apart from the Bolero, Mahindra is also working on an update to the Thar. The Mahindra Thar will come with a brand new chassis and BS-VI compliant engine — read more about the Mahindra Thar here.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Bolero Update
The Mahindra Bolero has been one of the best-selling SUV for the Indian manufacturer in the country. The rugged SUV has been on sale in the market for 19 years and will soon be updated, ahead of the implementation of the stringent regulations.