- 9 min ago MG Hector To Be Launched In India Tomorrow — Rivals The Jeep Compass
- 41 min ago Paris Restricts Four Wheeler Use To Reduce Air Pollution — Can India Follow?
- 1 hr ago New Audi Q7 Facelift Revealed — Features The Latest In Automotive Technology
- 3 hrs ago Check Out Gaurav Gill's Rally-Spec Mahindra XUV300 — Do You Like It?
- Technology Nokia 1 Starts Receiving Android Pie Update – All Nokia Phones Run Same OS
- Sports ICC World Cup: It hurts but what can one do: Sarfaraz responds to 'pig' jibe at mall
- News IAF lost 27 aircraft, including 15 jets and choppers, in crashes since 2016
- Movies I Love You Box Office Day 12 : Upendra & Rachita Ram Starrer Collects Around Rs 22 Crore!
- Finance IndiaMart IPO Oversubscribed On The Last Day
- Lifestyle A Doctor Was Addicted To Meth For 9 Long Years!
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra Automotive shares that bookings for the Alturas G4, the brand's flagship seven-seater SUV, have hit 1000 units within four months. The new Mahindra Alturas G4 was launched in India in November 2018 at a starting price of Rs 26.95 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Pre-bookings were started 15 days prior to the launch.
Interestingly, the brand's new sub-four-metre compact-SUV, the Mahindra XUV300, has received over 4000 bookings within just a month. Aimed to dethrone the segment-leading Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra is yet to launch the highly-anticipated XUV300. We have already driven it and you can read our experience in the official review of the new Mahindra XUV 300.
Coming back to the Mahindra Alturas G4, it mainly rivals the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour; two of the main players in the seven-seater SUV segment in India which also comprises of the Honda CR-V, Skoda Kodiaq and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. The top-of-the-line Mahindra Alturas G4 is essentially a rebadged fourth-generation SsangYong Rexton.
The SUV comes with a lot of premium features and equipment on the inside, along with some plush material usage. The Alturas G4 is also a capable off-roader thanks to its four-wheel-drive system, driving modes and assists — check out our detailed review of the Mahindra Alturas G4 to know more.
Powering the Mahindra Alturas G4 is a 2.2-litre diesel engine that makes 178bhp and 420Nm of torque. The power plant comes mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission, sourced from Mercedes-Benz. The SUV comes in both 2WD and AWD formats.
At 1000 units, bookings for the Alturas G4 is doing just decent compared to its competitors. The Toyota Fortuner sells an average of 1800 units a month while Ford India is readying the launch of the new Endeavour.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Alturas G4
Even though the Mahindra Alturas G4 is a bit toned-down compared to its global sibling (wheels are smaller), it outperforms all its competitors in terms of equipment levels. It might not be the best choice in its segment in every way, but offers superb value for money. Put in other words, it is an ideal upgrade from something like a Mahindra XUV500.