- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Maharashtra, Haryana Election 2019: BJP looks to retain power, Congress eyes comeback
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The Kia Seltos' technical specifications have been revealed. According to a media report, the Kia Seltos will be powered by a choice of two petrol and one diesel engines. The same report also shared the dimensions of the yet-to-be-launched SUV.
The Kia Seltos was globally unveiled in India on 20 June, 2019 and it immediately impressed everyone. The Seltos is Kia Motors' first product in the Indian market and marks the Korean brand's debut in India.
Though the Kia Seltos and its features were impressive, there were a few bits that were not revealed at the unveiling. These few bits included the exact dimensions of the Seltos and the engine and transmission options that would be powering it. Now, Autocar has revealed these dimensions and judging by it, it is going to be great to drive the Kia Seltos.
According to the report, the Kia Seltos measure 4,315mm in length, 1,800mm in width, 1620mm in height and comes with a wheelbase that measures 2,610mm. The ground clearance stands at 190mm.
The Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta have the same ground clearance but slightly differ when it comes to the other parameters. The Seltos is longer, wider and has a longer wheelbase than the Creta, but thanks to the roof rails, the Hyundai Creta is taller than the Seltos. However, the difference isn't a lot. It just has a few millimetres' difference.
Coming to the heart of the matter - the engines that power the Kia Seltos. Buyers of the Kia Seltos will be able to choose between two petrol and one diesel engine. The Kia Seltos will be sold with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine, a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engine.
The 1.5-litre CRDi diesel engine pushes out a maximum power of 115bhp and 250Nm. It will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-step torque convertor automatic gearbox. The 1.5-litre Smartstream petrol engine has a maximum power output of 115bhp and a peak torque output of 144Nm. This petrol engine will be available with a 6-speed manual gearbox and a CVT automatic gearbox.
The most powerful engine option on the Kia Seltos is the 1.4-litre T-GDI turbo petrol unit with an output of 140bhp and 242Nm. It is mated to a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed dual clutch automatic. Kia revealed the features of the Seltos as its unveiling and it is very impressive.
The Kia Seltos comes with a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit. The system can change vehicle settings as well as provide entertainment to the occupants of the Kia Seltos. It features navigation, 360-degree camera, AI-based voice command, etc.
The Kia Seltos makes use of an 8-speaker audio system from Bose. The stereo is connected to the ambient lighting system with several colour options. It also comes with rain-sensing wipers, auto headlights, stolen vehicle tracking and immobilisation, safety alerts, remote engine start & stop, remote control of air purifier, six airbags, ABS, ESC, VSM, etc.
Thoughts On Kia Seltos' Engine Specifications & Dimensions Revealed
The Kia Seltos is one of the most-awaited vehicles in the Indian market and there are many people waiting for it to be launched. It will be launched in August while bookings will start next month. The Kia Seltos comes with some awesome features and will certainly be the most premium vehicle in its segment.