- 44 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- Movies Barun Sobti B’day Spl: Sanaya Irani Or Surbhi Jyoti – Who Makes The BEST Jodi With Birthday Boy?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A50 New Firmware Improves Battery And System Stability
- News ‘Bikini airline’ VietJet kicks off Delhi to Vietnam, with tickets starting Rs 9; Check details
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia's Elaborate Anarkali Is What Will Up Your Festive Wardrobe
- Finance RIL, Medanta, Policybazaar, Curefit, Among Cos To Invest In Jammu & Kashmir
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kia Motors is all set to launch the Seltos SUV in the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the Kia Seltos will go on sale in India on the 22nd of August. The Kia Seltos was recently unveiled globally last week and will be positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment.
The Kia Seltos is the first product from the Korean brand in the Indian market. The company is currently setting up dealerships across the country, ahead of the SUV's much-awaited debut in the Indian market.
The Kia Seltos comes with a bold new design, with an aggressive and sporty appearance. It offers the signature tiger grille up front, flanked on either side by LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. The front bumper also comes with a sporty theme and houses the central air intake along with the fog lamps on either side.
The side profile also carries forward the sporty theme with sharp creases and a shoulder line running across the length of the SUV. The rear comes with the 'Kia' badging on the centre with the wrap-around LED tail lights on the sides, connected by a thick chrome strip.
Inside, the Kia Seltos comes with a dual-tone cabin, offering a premium look. The stand out feature is the 10.25-inch screen with dual displays: the instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system. Other features on the interiors also include a 360-degree camera, heads up display, ventilated seats and more. The Kia Seltos might also feature the AI-enabled infotainment function (Blue Link connectivity) from Hyundai.
The mid-size SUV is said to be offered with three engine options: 1.5-litre smartstream petrol producing 115bhp and 144Nm of peak torque; 1.5-litre CRDi diesel unit churning out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and the most powerful offering in the form of a 1.4-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol. This churns out 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque.
All engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with three automatic transmission options: six-speed AT, IVT (CVT) and a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos India Launch
The Kia Seltos is one of the most-awaited SUVs in the Indian market. The Seltos SUV is expected to be priced competitively in the range of Rs 12 - 16 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the Kia Seltos will rival the likes of the recently launched MG Hector, Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass.