- 17 hrs ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- 20 hrs ago Most Searched Cars In India 2019: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Becomes Google’s Top Trending Car In India
- 23 hrs ago Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 3i Sale Via Flipkart Debuts From December 16: Price And Discounts
- News RJD calls for Bihar bandh on Dec 21 in protest against citizenship law
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan On Being Compared To Younger Generation: 'I Am Not A Part Of This Race'
- Lifestyle Mouni Roy, Kubbra Sait, Tahira Kashyap, And Tabu Slayed It In Their Edgy Dresses
- Finance Union Budget 2020-21Likely On February 1, Economic Survey On January 31, 2020
- Sports Year Ender 2019: PV Sindhu BWF gold, Satwiksairaj-Chirag doubles' success only highlights of a dull year for India
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Kia Motors is all set to launch the Seltos SUV in the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the Kia Seltos will go on sale in India on the 22nd of August. The Kia Seltos was recently unveiled globally last week and will be positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment.
The Kia Seltos is the first product from the Korean brand in the Indian market. The company is currently setting up dealerships across the country, ahead of the SUV's much-awaited debut in the Indian market.
The Kia Seltos comes with a bold new design, with an aggressive and sporty appearance. It offers the signature tiger grille up front, flanked on either side by LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. The front bumper also comes with a sporty theme and houses the central air intake along with the fog lamps on either side.
The side profile also carries forward the sporty theme with sharp creases and a shoulder line running across the length of the SUV. The rear comes with the 'Kia' badging on the centre with the wrap-around LED tail lights on the sides, connected by a thick chrome strip.
Inside, the Kia Seltos comes with a dual-tone cabin, offering a premium look. The stand out feature is the 10.25-inch screen with dual displays: the instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system. Other features on the interiors also include a 360-degree camera, heads up display, ventilated seats and more. The Kia Seltos might also feature the AI-enabled infotainment function (Blue Link connectivity) from Hyundai.
The mid-size SUV is said to be offered with three engine options: 1.5-litre smartstream petrol producing 115bhp and 144Nm of peak torque; 1.5-litre CRDi diesel unit churning out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and the most powerful offering in the form of a 1.4-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol. This churns out 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque.
All engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with three automatic transmission options: six-speed AT, IVT (CVT) and a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos India Launch
The Kia Seltos is one of the most-awaited SUVs in the Indian market. The Seltos SUV is expected to be priced competitively in the range of Rs 12 - 16 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the Kia Seltos will rival the likes of the recently launched MG Hector, Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass.